• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone, I’m a newbie to the site xx

Marie Field

I am so happy to have found this site.
I’ve been on my bariatric journey nearly three years and I’m finally very close to surgery. My pre-op is Monday 12.2.18 and my op is planned for the 27.2.17 with Mr Schroeder at Sunderland Royal. I’ve been stuggling without anyone to talk to who understands the rollercoaster of emotions involved in this process. Look forward to chatting to you xx

Welcome
Well done on getting this far. You will find lots of help & support on here.
Good luck with your op & keep us all updated.
I love reading about peoples journeys. I am at the very beginning of my journey. So find it really informative & supportive coming on here.

Thanks Emma, I will keep you all updated. I wish i’d known at the beginning of my journey what I know now and I would have been a year or two post op by now!! Good luck to you on your journey

Good luck with your op! I've been browsing this site for a while and find it very useful reading everybody's journey. I'm also going through Sunderland but I'm only just about to start the group education sessions so sadly still a long way off before surgery I think. xx

Hi and welcome very good luck for your surgery look forward to your updates, I love this forum everyone can offer support, advice and friendship xxx

Thanks Emma, I will keep you all updated. I wish i’d known at the beginning of my journey what I know now and I would have been a year or two post op by now!! Good luck to you on your journey

Hi Marie, well done on getting this far! Would you mind sharing with us what you wish you’d known back then (what your comfortable with sharing ofcourse) I’m only a few months into my journey at sunderland royal and trying to find out as much info as possible) xx

hi marie and welcome,ive got my pre-op on 12th feb and my admitance on the 19th feb and operation on 20th feb under mr shroeder at sunderland royal ive been waiting 3 year for this

I’ve been on my bariatric journey nearly three years and I’m finally very close to surgery. My pre-op is Monday 12.2.18 and my op is planned for the 27.2.17 with Mr Schroeder at Sunderland Royal. I’ve been stuggling without anyone to talk to who understands the rollercoaster of emotions involved in this process. Look forward to chatting to you xx
Welcome and good luck x

Welcome Marie, this site has been so valuable to me and I’m sure you will find it just as useful. Good luck for your pre-op and feel free to ask any questions.

Pre-op went well today; 5kg under target. Next step milk diet from fri 16th then 2 weeks today l’m admitted!!! Beyond excited and scared in equal measure xx

just had my pre-op all is ok for operation on 20th feb at sunderland
Excellent, which liver shrinking diet are you on ?

hope your pre-op went well i had mine yesterday to,im in for gastric bypass on 19th op on 20th hope all goes ok for you

Hi and welcome this is a great site and everybody is so helpful and its good to read about everybody all on different pathways i wish you luck on your journeyx

Hi,
I'm still waiting for my op date thought it was going to be April but now found that app is to confirm I'm on waiting list. So disappointed. Reading all these messages help me prepare too. Good luck

Back