• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, i m mo, i live in norfolk, i age 52/53 , hoping for bypass

Mo1963

Did a year programme wth fakenham n had 1 apt atluton n dunstableMy second appt is on Friday, I have an ecg apt a physiology appt a dietician appt and a bariatric team /nurse appt. am I nervous, yep, i was told for so long that I didn't meet the criteria.then a year n a half ago I got my first appt wth fakenham. As you see I really am a newbie here . I have five children 1 girl , 4 boys,2 step sons. Due to medical problems I have lost allot of my mobility and I haven't got great balance, I weigh around 137kg and would love to hear from others at this stage . This seems so difficulties would love to hear from others on this journey . All for now, nite all,

Hello mo!
Welcome to our merry band( or bypasses!) I wish you lots of luck with working your way through the process
Looking forward to your updates

Got my 2nd appt at Luton and Dunstable tomorrow. This time I have another ecg, see Physcioligis , see bariatric nurse and also dietitian . I'm not sure where it goes from here? Early bed tonight cos the other half does the driving, bless him, 5am awakening long trip tomorrow. Will be taking our little Mollie moos lol. Our 6month old chihuahua .

staticmap

Good luck x i am in Suffolk and have just finished my year at Luton x let us know how you get on x

Hi I just wanted to say welcome I was over 50 when I had my bypass, 2 years later 12.5 st lighter size 26 to size 8-10 :)

Welcome Mo had a bypass last Thursday after a too many years of the same response " you don't meet the criteria". I'm sore but really happy with my decision to go the route I did. Embrace the pre operation support of the multi disaplinery team as it is a vital tool to the post operation wellbeing.

Hi guys, many big thank you for your replies and support. I really do need it. This is the stage where family can help so much but only others in the same journey can understand fully. I wish you good luck on your journeys. I would love to see before and after pics if anyone has any. Any advice that would help me on this four week milk trial and two week back to solid food would be greatly appreciated,

Had my appointment at Luton , been put on a four week milk diet then two weeks of introducing foods again. I am on day four of the milk die, God I hate oxo but have to have a stock drink so I chose oxo, hate marmite! I am finding it quite difficult to drink four to five pints of s skimmed milk and 1-2 litres of water a day. Am allowed a diet drink less than 6 cal, I chose 1 can of diet coke, that's if I feel like it. I can have up to three small sugar free jellies . My other half has made me some up in small ramekin pots, some made from milk from allowance. I have 1-2 a day.water I I have to drink a litre plus a day, I struggle wth that though as I don't like water much.i have been putting coffee into making a milky coffee, it's just for a change . I have at least one green tea a day.
This is hard , especially wth the TV and every where being food at the minute with Christmas coming up. My stomach feels rather blooded at times. I keep having to dash for a wee. Lol.
More on the positive though. I have an appointment 15th dec with the dietitian and on the 25th dec.to see one of the surgical team and the anaesthetist. I am not sure what will happen at these appointments I just hope things are going to fall into place. I am trying hard and although I am not feeling very hungry it's the cravings and the temptation even the smell of foods.
Look forward to any replies.
Mo x

Hiya Mo, well I'm a week post operation now and still have no hunger. To give you some idea of what I have a day 125ml runny natural sugar free yogurt for breakfast, 125ml blended then strained soup mid morning, I have learnt to sip water so a bottle lasts all day, lunch time is another 125ml strained soup, milky coffee sipped often not finished, another runny natural yogurt, small peppermint tea and lastly another 125ml soup. I add Marvel milk powder to my soups to increase the protein rate and I have to water the soups down to make it runny. I buy or make fresh soups only as they have more vital vitamins ect. At the moment I'm finding myself watching all those cookery programs and yet I'm not thinking about it, sounds odd but I'm just seeing it as a program. I had a walk with a friend around my town centre on Wednesday and walked past a bakers....before the smell would hVe drawn me in to spend £10.00 or more yet that day it was just a smell no draw to me. I can't show you before or after photos as I'm only just starting out however I hope this gives you some inspiration. All the best X

You seem to be doing really brill. How's the pain, fading I hope. Hope you don't mind me asking but when you come round from the surgery , are you given pain relief.
I am on day seven of the milk diet, I am starting to really crave something to eat. It's so difficult watching the others eating. They had lasagna for their tea, omg the smell was amazing....none for me , I'm struggling and still have another 21 days after today. Does this get easier? Do the cravings fade? I know I have to do this , for me and my family, this is what keeps me strong when I feel weak. X

Hiya Mo, yes you are given lots of pain med whilst in hospital which make you very woozy. After the first night it's a lot easier and I took myself off it just had liquid paracetamol as I my case pain was bearable with it. I have taken liquid paracetamol about 7-8 times since being home and that's only because I slept awkwardly and I had a headache.
I was on the low cal no fat or sugar diet for my pre op as I knew that the mi diet would have made me go mad whilst cooking the family meals. Give your provider a ring ang ask if you can do the low cal diet. I just boiled up mixes of cauli, sprouts, cabbage, peas, tiny finger size piece of chicken In oxo every day had a massive plate full.

Hi guys, many big thank you for your replies and support. I really do need it. This is the stage where family can help so much but only others in the same journey can understand fully. I wish you good luck on your journeys. I would love to see before and after pics if anyone has any. Any advice that would help me on this four week milk trial and two week back to solid food would be greatly appreciated, Had my appointment at Luton , been put on a four week milk diet then two weeks of introducing foods again. I am on day four of the milk die, God I hate oxo but have to have a stock drink so I chose oxo, hate marmite! I am finding it quite difficult to drink four to five pints of s skimmed milk and 1-2 litres of water a day. Am allowed a diet drink less than 6 cal, I chose 1 can of diet coke, that's if I feel like it. I can have up to three small sugar free jellies . My other half has made me some up in small ramekin pots, some made from milk from allowance. I have 1-2 a day.water I I have to drink a litre plus a day, I struggle wth that though as I don't like water much.i have been putting coffee into making a milky coffee, it's just for a change . I have at least one green tea a day. This is hard , especially wth the TV and every where being food at the minute with Christmas coming up. My stomach feels rather blooded at times. I keep having to dash for a wee. Lol. More on the positive though. I have an appointment 15th dec with the dietitian and on the 25th dec.to see one of the surgical team and the anaesthetist. I am not sure what will happen at these appointments I just hope things are going to fall into place. I am trying hard and although I am not feeling very hungry it's the cravings and the temptation even the smell of foods. Look forward to any replies. Mo x
ho mo just started to read and will carry on I'm at Luton too I did the 4week milk thing and I found the first days hard then ok till day 7 then I had a food break down I was so amazed how food ment so much to me I know you can do it I'm in on the 16th Dec another weigh in I've moved and I'm not sure my scales are reading correctly on the new carpet so I'm going with I've put on loads and feel like poop sure I'll find out xx

You seem to be doing really brill. How's the pain, fading I hope. Hope you don't mind me asking but when you come round from the surgery , are you given pain relief. I am on day seven of the milk diet, I am starting to really crave something to eat. It's so difficult watching the others eating. They had lasagna for their tea, omg the smell was amazing....none for me , I'm struggling and still have another 21 days after today. Does this get easier? Do the cravings fade? I know I have to do this , for me and my family, this is what keeps me strong when I feel weak. X
yes it does get easier but it's still hard I was sniffing dog food cause I was craving food so bad lol silly think your past the hardest bit

When you get home I can't recommend gripe water enough! I was in agony over trapped wind for days and one of my mummy friends mentioned it and it was a god send! You can take it with all your meds from the hospital as it is natural. Just take 10ml and it will really help! X

Well here I am almost at the end of day fourteen,I got weighed on day 12 and was down half a stone. It is hard, I too had a sniff at my dogs food while dishing it out. Well it did smell rather good. Lol.
I weighed in at the beginning of my milk diet at 135.6 kg and am now 132kg day 12. I am counting my days, I haven't eaten anything other than jelly, sugar free, and three pieces of sugar free chewing gum a day, I have been putting off having a tooth removed and I think this is the right time to have it done, it should help curve the cravings, it's really at meal times when the family are having their meals, yea know, the smells, garlic bread, lasagne mm smells good, yet I have religiously stuck to my milk diet, fourteen days down, yea know a yogurt pot full of soup would be good. I will look forward to weening on to smaller portions of solid food.
To all you guys, keep the post coming I love to hear from you all. X

Thanks beepbeepcat, I have actually got my other half doing the dinners , I still have to see Nd hear them enjoying it though ?

Day 17 now finished. Was in Great Yarmouth this eve seeing the coca cola lorry. Omg the smell of the food, that was difficult to resist. But I got through it. I do look forward to a little bowl of soup at the end of my four weeks. X

Wow Mo, It sounds like you're doing great. i cant imagine how tough it is to stick to a milk diet. Is it your pre op diet or do they have you on it for another reason? 4 weeks seems like a long time. I've read that a lot of people on here only do it for 2 weeks

Sorry if i seem nosy.. im just very new too and its right at the beginning of the process for me so im trying to gather as much information as possible from everyone on here.. its really helpful and reassuring for me to get an idea of whats ahead because im a really nervous and shy person so suffer a lot with anxiety before and between appointments because i just dont know what to expect

Hi Victoria, thanks for your post, it's not at all being nosey please feel free to ask any questions,
I am on this for four weeks and then if I loose my five percent weight I go back gently onto solid food. It is hard , especially last night when we went to Great Yarmouth to see the coca cola a lorry Nd the three people I was wth all had yummy Chinese food from the market. I know it's yummy cos I usually get some, even a noodle woulda been nice, but I know I couldn't give in after seventeen days, so it was oxo from my two a day allowance.
This is I believe like a trial, I have three appt at Luton in January , one just been changed to February, that's for dietitian, anaesthetist, and surgical wth Mr Baracca.
I get so nervous too but I try to hide my nerves until the night before, we travel from the coast, blakeney actually, so it's a long trip. I guess that actually helps wth the nerves coz I am so tired lol.i am hoping for a gastric bypass. What about you. Where a outs are you and what stage are you at etc? It's lovely to hear from you.
Mo x

Hiya coffee cup, have you had any appointments yet? Do you know which surgeon you will be seeing ?

Back