• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi newbie here =3

Jemif1988

Hi :wavey: my name is Jemma, i am 24 and i am right at the beginning of my journey , i have booked my very first doctors appointment (after weeks of homework and deciding whether this is the right route for me to go) i would really appreciate any advice on what to expect at this stage, looking forward to hearing from you peeps =3

good luck hune and welcome. you will finds loads of help on this site. i cant really help as i am going private in jan for a sleeve. someone will be around soon though that may be able to help. good luck hune

Hello!!

I'm still very new to this- although cant give you advice we are kinda at the same stage so thought I'd say hi!
I've had to wait a ridiculous amount of time and 3 attempts at my doc even filling in the right form- my pct have been amazing (chasing up docs can you believe?!) but fingers crossed the right form was filled out and sent last Thursday... So I'm hoping to finally hear sometime this week!

I will let you know how I get on... Eek!
Hope your application process is more straightforward than mine lol
Bex x

Hi Jemma welcome good luck at your drs cant say much as you not put your weight or bmi in if you do that perhaps someone in your area will know if you will fit the criteria by your pct

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope you get good results from your Dr. I was lucky as one of the Drs in my practice is very pro WLS whereas one of the others told me he'd never have referred me. So, if you don't get the result you want, see a different Dr.

Tell us a little more about yourself so we can help you more and ask whatever you want to, even if you think it's silly.

Kate x

Hi Jemma

I got funding approved today (yay!) so officially took less than a week !
How are you getting on with yours?

It's all so exciting, hope you hear back soon as we'll! :)

Welcome Jemma,
I think your Doctor will go through all the weight loss options that are out there and then go through your diet history to see where your issues lie and what would be the best option for you. There's is tons of informations about weight loss surgery on the net and here so just swat for the next few weeks and I'm sure you'll read something that makes you feel that is the right choice for you. Good luck with it all ;)

Hi there I'm new too, I'm 34 , just 2 weeks ago my gp referred me so still waiting to hear back. Going thru the nhs and I'm from Mansfield near nottingham . I saw my gp back in June which was when I asked I broke down because I'd been dieting since jan and was so tired and drained. Hardly losing and then ended up giving up it was my last ditch attempt to go it alone. So she then referred me to a dietician who i saw 3 week later who basically weighed me gave me a eating plan of 2100 cals a day I followed lost 6 lb on my scales and returned 8 weeks later 2 pounds heavier on theirs and I followed it to the letter. So broke down after getting so disheartened 2 week later back to gp filled in the form about, my health ect and she sent it off basically agreeing I cannot continue to do this. Just a waiting game. But that first step is the hardest I have been debating with myself for 8 years . Hope everything goes smooth and hope to converse with you .. Jude xx

Thank you all so much for the replies (sorry i have taken a while to reply back myself) i can see it is definitely a waiting game (mind you i didn't expect to waltz right in and get an Okay lol) but i am a pretty patient girl and will stick to my guns, a little about my diet history: i started putting on some weight at age 12 but was told by my loving family that it was "just puppy fat" and "you'll grow out of it" i am sure we have all heard that one before lol, by the time i was 16/17 i was classed as obese but started dieting properly at 18 and have not stopped since :( started with the usual, eating healthier, replaced sweets with fruit, when ever i felt hungry i would drink water or do something active but i always felt hungry and decided i need a planned diet to help me. Weight watchers and slimming world i have gone back and forward with, was very successful with both but soon put it all back on, i am a "yo-yo" dieter i tried so blooming hard with planned diets but after a couple of months it all goes pear shaped, between 20-22 i tried a lot of dieting pills, herbal ones, prescribed ones, expensive ones from the local gym and over the counter ones, even went down the naughty route and bought some offline *face-palm*, never again and i wouldn't advise anyone to do it either, waste of money and very very dangerous! Over the past 4 years i have spent 100's of £££'s on shakes, meal replacement bars and fad diet books, all great at the start but all ended miserably and i have always exercised when dieting, whether it be cycling, walking the dog, going to the gym a few times a week, swimming or playing on the Wii-fit. I have now finally come to the decision that WLS is the last option for me, i am 24, 5ft 7in and weigh 22 stone and 1lb, last time i checked my BMI is 48.4 each time i dieted i lost and put it back on and then some, i wanna do this now before this gets worse, i have never been so ashamed of myself but reading all your journeys has gave me a massive boost, it may take a while but hopefully *crosses fingers tight* i will get the help i need =3

Back