• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there

Retfordmag

Hi there

Thought I would introduce myself.

Tried everything to lose weight, Xenical; Reductil; Dieting, slimming world etc.

About 18 months ago whilst living in the north east I got as far as the group session at Sunderland General. However, last March I moved to Retford and has taken until now to be referred due to docs waiting on my notes from previous surgery.

Anyway, went to the group session today at Northern General in Sheffield. Was surprised at how quick things seem to be there.

Up in Sunderland was looking like 18 months or so to get op. But was told today that could have op by June.

Still undecided what to have, my preference is for a bypass as I have a a sweet tooth but my partner is not keen on me having that.

Any advice?

Hi Hun welcome to the forum, i cant give ive you any advise as to what op you should op for as this is only something yourself and your doctor can decide on. But i just want to say im happy with my bypass.. and have so far lost 5 stone xx good luck choosing hun xx

:welcome: both surgeries have good success rates and I'm sure you'll have success either way. You need to base your decision on your eating habits and what will work best but at the same time you need your hubby's support so talk to him about it too.

Thankfully my OT and I were in agreement that a sleeve was best suited to my needs but he didn't want me to have a bypass so it would have been very difficult if we hadn't agreed. WLS is stressful enough for any marriage so the more involved he is in the decision, the better he'll probably be about what ever decision you make.

Good luck hun x

Welcome Hun n good luck on ur journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi there

Hi hun welcome and good luck on your journey xx

Hi welcome.

Have a look around here and check out the stories of people who have had different surgerys.

Your hospital will help you deceide what is best.

Still undecided what to have, my preference is for a bypass as I have a a sweet tooth but my partner is not keen on me having that. Any advice?

Hi Retfordmag,

Certainly the RNY full bypass does offer the threat of "dumping" on high sugar foods, and some people feel that will enable them to stick to a healthy diet more easily.

I have chosen sleeve, but that is my own personal choice -- I think you need to speak to your surgeon.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Good luck with it all I have been referred from retford and from asking for op to having it will be about six months - amazing and I'm very grateful my date is eigth Feb :)

Hi good luck and whatever you choose you won't be sorry x

hi and welcome

Back