• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HIGH Protein

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
Hey everyone.....

Just thought I would share something I have just found.... They are called Edamame Beans....

They are a great tasting Soyabean! and oh my god they are huuuuuuge in protein! 100g delivers 40.5Grams of Protein! That is huuuuuuge!!

Below is a table containing all the protein value in raw nuts per 100G, Edamame Beans kick all nuts backside!

They are high in calories but are only 20G Fat and 3G Saturated Fat compared to the huge amounts in the nuts below.

They taste really nice and are really light aswell :) Had some tonight and no dumping or any bad effects, going to keep eating them to boost my protein!

Almond21g56gBrazils nuts14g68gCashew nuts20g50gChestnuts2g3gCoconut6g65gHazelnut14g64gPeanuts (some consider Legumes)25g46gPeanut Butter22g54gPecan nuts9g70gPine nuts14g69gPistachio nuts (with shells)10g30gWalnuts6g69g

Happy protein boosting :)

The table hasnt appeared correctly, the first number after the name of the nut is its protein value per 100G and the second is the fat value per 100G

Thanks Mark, I can't have them yet but I look forward to eating nuts again, I luv 'em. What do they taste like? soft/crunchy?

from Marks and Spencers but apparently most health food places sell them!

they are really light, but crunchy, really hard to compare them to anything, but they are lovely :)

That they do Carole :) xxxx

Thanks for the info Mark, are they sold as dried beans or ready to eat?

Also, is peanut butter ok? I see it on your list there, I like it but didn't know if it was too high in fat and therefore one to avoid?

Cuppa xx

Peanut butter is fine, but go for a no added sugar one like the Whole Earth Organic one, the likes of sunpat are dump city.

Wagamama do good edamame beans :p

Laughing, wow a bean that has a website all of it's own eh?! :D Thanks Roch xx

Mark, there is some debate particularly in the USA about soy products and, ermmmm... mens performance. However, it seems to be directed at high use of soy milk and appears to have been debunked. It might be worth some investigation though, just in case.

Both myself and my mrs thank you for the Glenville ;-)

Back