• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

High protein foods!

uglyduck16

I am turning into a bit of a protein freak!! :rolleyes:
I have found some cerial that has got 13g in one bowl which totally rocks!!
Kashi, GoLean, High Protein & High Fiber Cereal, 14.1 oz (400 g) - iHerb.com <---- here is the link if anyone is interested, it tastes really nice and is a good start to the day! ;)
I noticed the weight watchers spready cheese in the supermarket the other day and in one triangle their is 27cals and 4.5g of protein which I thought was quite good, I am also loving cottage cheese to have with salad that is high in protein and low in fat they do all different flavours, I quite like it with the pinapple :p
Also I am LOVING the soya nuts with pumpkin seeds - that makes a great high protein snack!! The nuts where a real find because they can be mixed into salads and stuff too and are a really tasty source of protein- thank you to Nic and Carol for telling me about them!!! ;) :D
Please add on any foods/ideas etc you find as it always helps to share with others who are in similar situations ;)
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Hello there

i know exactly wot u mean, i am a fat content checker on all products/foods i eat......(due to recent health problems) now i use ww alot (pending on low fat content) lol...............i use low fat soft cheese roasted onion and chive & garlic and herb ones too ...delicious in taste i must admit....................................and these are 6.5grams per serving (50g per serving) and very low in fat so for building up protein but low in fat these are gr8................also (while i am on a role) lol........muller lite yoghurts o.1grams of fat but the protein is 4.1 grams, and lastly....good ole ww again low fat cheese triangles.........0.5 grams of fat per triangle and 4.5 grams of fat.............................happy muching people...........best shut up now or i be going on about all the products i got and be here all day lol

all the best - mejulie x x

I am turning into a bit of a protein freak!! :rolleyes:
I have found some cerial that has got 13g in one bowl which totally rocks!! Kashi, GoLean, High Protein & High Fiber Cereal, 14.1 oz (400 g) - iHerb.com <---- here is the link if anyone is interested, it tastes really nice and is a good start to the day! ;)
I noticed the weight watchers spready cheese in the supermarket the other day and in one triangle their is 27cals and 4.5g of protein which I thought was quite good, I am also loving cottage cheese to have with salad that is high in protein and low in fat they do all different flavours, I quite like it with the pinapple :p
Also I am LOVING the soya nuts with pumpkin seeds - that makes a great high protein snack!! The nuts where a real find because they can be mixed into salads and stuff too and are a really tasty source of protein- thank you to Nic and Carol for telling me about them!!! ;) :D
Please add on any foods/ideas etc you find as it always helps to share with others who are in similar situations ;)
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Just wondered where u got the WW triangles from, looked in tesco today and couldnt find them, so got laughing cow extra light ones. They low in fat and about 2.7g protein per triangle.

Just wondered where u got the WW triangles from, looked in tesco today and couldnt find them, so got laughing cow extra light ones. They low in fat and about 2.7g protein per triangle.

yeah I had not seen them before...I bought them in the co-op xxx

Howdy guys...I am an avid fan of John West's 'pouches' of tuna. They are delicious and have 26.8 grams of protein and 156 calories! They do a lime and black pepper, italian herb and summat else...they are also on offer at tescos for 99p at the mo. There is a lot in a packet and I usually can eat half a pack at a time!

Hope this helps...they are yum!

Your sounding like a pro at this game. lol

LOL i know!!! I read the back of everything now!

And i did find some WW - i hunted them down in ASDA, and its lush on a tiny slice of toast!

you can always make up a milk and protien powder shake and use it over your cerial as the milk that way adding more protien it also is good when used to make porrige a sinle scoop of H&B has 96 cals and 18g of protein so add that to your Kashi (Argee its yummy) and you will be getting 33g of protein in one go! I have a shake made up from 2 scoops and skimmed milk for my breckfast so that gives me 36g as a start to the day :)

Off to get some Kashi orederd from Ocado :)

Hi Mrs. Cakeybun,

How much is Kashi from Ocado? The site I ordered from is in the USA so a lot of postage!

XX em xx

they have stopped flipping doing it Grrrrr will let you know when i track some down

Back