• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Ice Cream

phatgirl

My lovely hubby bought me an ice cream maker so I have made two batches and want to share.

My original source for these recipes are from my fav blogger:
theworldaccordingtoeggface: Protein Ice Cream

I adapted her recipes to what I had on hand here.

This is what I made:

Banana Split Protein Ice Cream

250 mils Semi-skim milk (don't use non-fat as it doesn't make good ice cream)
2 scoops Vanilla protein powder (I used Whipped Vanilla Cream from BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/shop/product.php/508/lean_dessert_protein
2 tbsp Davinci Sugar-free Caramel Syrup
Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
1 Banana mashed
3 Strawberries diced (I use fresh)
2 tbsp Pineapple diced (I used canned in juice, drain well before adding to mixture)
2 tbsp Mixed nuts diced
2 tbsp Chocolate no-sugar added bar roughly diced

Mix milk, protein powder, caramel syrup and banana together, I used a milk frother but you can use a blender, just whiz it on high until it doubles in volume and is lump free. Turn you ice cream maker on before adding the mixture so it doesn't all stick to the sides. Slowly pour the mixture into your maker, leave for the time required by your machine (mines says 30-40 minutes). 5 minutes before it should be done add your fruit, nuts and chocolate. The end product is like soft serve ice cream, I put mine into a container and froze it for a couple of hours before eating.

Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Ice Cream

250 mils Semi-skim milk (don't use non-fat as it doesn't make good ice cream)
2 scoops Chocolate protein powder (I used Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar from BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/shop/product.php/508/lean_dessert_protein
2 tbsp Davinci Sugar-free Caramel Syrup
Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
2 tbsp Unsweetend coconut
2 tbsp Chocolate no-sugar added bar roughly diced

Mix milk, protein powder and caramel syrup, I used a milk frother but you can use a blender, just whiz it on high until it doubles in volume and is lump free. Turn you ice cream maker on before adding the mixture so it doesn't all stick to the sides. Slowly pour the mixture into your maker, leave for the time required by your machine (mines says 30-40 minutes).

5 minutes before it should be done add your coconut and chocolate. The end product is like soft serve ice cream, I put mine into a container and froze it for a couple of hours before eating.

These ice creams should be eaten within a week. They do get stiff in the freezer overnight so you can pop them in the micro for a minute or two or leave to sit on the counter for an 1/2 to soften. They make a great base for a shake, just pop a couple scoops in and add fresh fruit, milk or yogurt. I may try my choc ice cream with some cold coffee and milk for a frappuccino - I will let you know how it goes.

Enjoy!
Nic:)

phatgirl

Just tried a scoop of each and I have to say the chocolate wins hands down. I think I might try a 'pina colada' style for tomorow, have some leftover pineapple and more coconut! Will keep you all updated on my experiments.

Nic:p

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Can I come live with you(r ice cream maker) please?

phatgirl

Just made the best flavour of ice cream! I wanted to eat it right out of the ice maker bowl it was sooooo yummy. I think the mental picture of me with my tongue frozen to the inside of the ice cream maker when hubby gets home is the only thing that stopped me from licking the bowl!

Pina Colada Ice Cream

1 Can of crushed pineapple, drained and save half of juice
250mils Milk
2 scoops Vanilla protein powder
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 tablesppon Unsweetened Coconut

Add milk, protein powder, splenda, half the drained pineapple, and the pineapple juice. I used a blender, just whiz it on high until it doubles in volume and is lump free. Turn you ice cream maker on before adding the mixture so it doesn't all stick to the sides. Slowly pour the mixture into your maker, leave for the time required by your machine (mines says 30-40 minutes).

5 minutes before it should be done add your coconut and the rest of your pineapple. The end product is like soft serve ice cream, I put mine into a container and froze it for a couple of hours before eating.

Enjoy!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Nic which ice cream maker did you get? We keep talking about getting one but I want one of the £300 professional ones that self freezes (no need to freeze disc or bowl or put whole thing in freezer) but that's a bit extreme.

phatgirl

Nic which ice cream maker did you get? We keep talking about getting one but I want one of the £300 professional ones that self freezes (no need to freeze disc or bowl or put whole thing in freezer) but that's a bit extreme.

Here is mine: Kenwood IM200 series, Amazon.co.uk: ice cream maker It has a bowl to freeze. I wanted a fancy one too but it was either go cheap or go without and I have to say it is easy to use and does the job. Maybe someday I can have one of those fancy ones.

Nic:D

phatgirl

Chocolate Caramel Protein Ice Cream

250mils Milk
2 scoops Chocolate Fudge protein powder
1 tablespoon Davinci Caramel Syrup Da Vinci Sugar Free Syrup - Caramel | Sugar Free Megastore
1 teaspoon Davinci Caramel Sauce Da Vinci Sugar Free Sauce - Caramel | Sugar Free Megastore

Add milk, protein powder & syrups. I used a blender, just whiz it on high until it doubles in volume and is lump free. Turn you ice cream maker on before adding the mixture so it doesn't all stick to the sides. Slowly pour the mixture into your maker, leave for the time required by your machine (mine says 30-40 minutes).

The end product is like soft serve ice cream, I put mine into a container and froze it for a couple of hours before eating. I used it to make a banana split!

Enjoy!

phatgirl

Tropical Paradise Ice Cream

30-50g pineapple chunks in juice juice
250mils Milk
2 scoops Banana nut bread protein powder
2 tablespoons Sugar-free Coconut Syrup
1 tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut

Add milk, protein powder, syrup, pineapple chunks juice into your blender, just whiz it on high until it doubles in volume and is lump free. Turn you ice cream maker on before adding the mixture so it doesn't all stick to the sides. Slowly pour the mixture into your maker, leave for the time required by your machine (mines says 30-40 minutes).

5 minutes before it should be done add your dried coconut. The end product is like soft serve ice cream, I put mine into a container and froze it for a couple of hours before eating.

Pineapple Sundae
2 scoops of Tropical Paradise Protein Ice Cream
1 tsp chopped nuts
1 tsp coconut
3-4 chunks of pineapple
Sugar-free Chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
Light whipped cream

Place ice cream in bowl, top with whip, drizzle sauce, sprinkle coconut, add nuts, and top with chunks of pineapple, YUMMMMMM!!!!

Enjoy!