• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton Anyone??

Azazel

Just wondering if anyone else has had or will have their surgery at Homerton? Just curious about the expected wait times at this particular hospitol IF funding has already been granted. Thanks!

Azazel said:
Just wondering if anyone else has had or will have their surgery at Homerton? Just curious about the expected wait times at this particular hospitol IF funding has already been granted. Thanks!

Hello. I just had my gastric bypass surgery 11days ago in homerton. I got my funding approved last july and got date in december but changed it to march. I was late as my BMI was not too high and they probably does the op on people with higher risk first. Let me know if u want to know anything else.

Thanks for the reply Farzu, that's such a long time! I was under the impression it would be any week now but that's really scary thinking it could take that long =/ My BMI is 50 and I'm type 1 diabetic but who knows if that will make a difference.

Thanks for the reply Farzu, that's such a long time! I was under the impression it would be any week now but that's really scary thinking it could take that long =/ My BMI is 50 and I'm type 1 diabetic but who knows if that will make a difference.

Don't worry, I think with the BMI of 50 you will get your date sooner than me as i am type 2 diabetic and my BMI was around 40. My criteria just met because i had other health problems, otherwise some people told me i didn't need the surgery. Who is your surgeon? My homnerton experience was really great. all the doctors and nurses are really very nice. i stayed for 3 nights and all is fine till now. Hope you get your date sooner. You have to call and check on them all the time as sometimes they lose papers and mixup dates. so keep calling Diane (bariatric services coordinator) every week and ask for the updates.

I know this is going to sound terrible but I honestly don't remember the gentleman's name. I met him back in September and we had a chat but that was it =/

I've called the number I was given awhile back a few times and always push "3" to get through to the funding and always leave messages but I think I just need to be persistant.

I'm positive there are others out there, worse health, more deserving etc etc but I just feel like I'm at a stalemate in life. Everything is on hold till I get this OP.

I must admit, I'm sure I will miss those big portions but to feel normal......ah, the dream......

So I just called up and spoke to Diane for the first time ever and she tells me there was a query on whether or not I needed a sleep study. This was back in February. I've never received a letter, phone call or anything and OH btw, my GP who refered me and woulda been the one chasing up on all this left the surgery almost a month ago.

Did you have to have a sleep study done?

Azazel said:
So I just called up and spoke to Diane for the first time ever and she tells me there was a query on whether or not I needed a sleep study. This was back in February. I've never received a letter, phone call or anything and OH btw, my GP who refered me and woulda been the one chasing up on all this left the surgery almost a month ago.

Did you have to have a sleep study done?

Yes i had it done long time ago and used a cpap machine for 2 years before surgery. Normally if you have sleep apnea they want u to use the machine for atleast 3 months before surgery. Find out where did they refer u. Then talk to them.

Hi I was at Homerton. My BMI was over 50 & had high blood pressure. I was under Mr Mannur. Whole Homerton team were fantastic. Got my funding within 4 months of first appointment. I'm city & East PCT so I fitted their criteria. Different PCTs have slightly different criteria. I had no sleep apnea so no test. Had to wait about 1 year from first referral to op. I had a sleeve. Had a few problems with allergies to meds & had to have a 'stretch' but no pain & was easily sorted. Lost 5 stones since January & 4 dress sizes.
Good luck.

i am due to have my surgery at homerton on the 18 june, and my first appointment was in march, so its not that bad really they have all been really helpful

Fantastic news. Good luck with your surgery. The Homerton team are fantastic. Went for my check up last week & they are pleased with my progress. Have lost 5 stone 10lbs todate. Now in 3rd week of my exercise programme. Also the monthly support group is a good forum but may be difficult for you to attend regularly due to where you live. Think he next one is on 17th May.

Azazel; interesting screen name! I presume you know what it means...I do!

I wasn't at the Homerton so can't comment, just wanted to comment on your name!

Back