• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton anyone?

Azazel

Hi all, new to the forum and have already made another post but am hoping this one will be more direct and get more attention :)

Has anyone here had their surgery done at Homerton? If so, about how long did you have to wait AFTER you got approved for funding?

Thanks!

Had mine done 23 Feb Mr Mannur. 1st appointment Jan 2011' funding approved May 2011 City & East PCT. So 1 year in total start to finish.
Hospital & staff were fantastic to me. Had a sleeve.
My pal however started 6 months before me & still waiting for her funding, Redbridge PCT.
No sight of her op yet.

i had mine done there 4th feb 2012 i had my first app in nov 2010 but they told me they now have new rules that they are trying to get everyone done with funding within 12 weeks hun i had mind done by mr koak he is lovley i had a bypass they are so so bizy they are doing 4 opps on saturdays and 4 on sundays too the only thing i will say is coz they are doing so many now the follow up appointments are very slow my 6 week follow up is 12 weeks after so thats not very good but they did say if i have any problems then i can call up and they will try and fit me in before but im fine so there is no need feel free to ask me anything u like x

Hi all, so glad to have found a site that talks about Homerton! I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I am currently 13months since referral and 7 months since having actually been attending appointments at Homerton. I saw Mr Koak and he was so so nice. I'm still waiting for a surgery date and really still waiting for the yes you are having surgery as no one has actually said it to me. I'm presuming that having got this far that I have been approved? I bloody hope so! Lol.

According to Dr Hawkes' "umbrella or process" I am now just currently awaiting a date and pre op diet. I have everything else ticked off. I have an appointment tomorrow in the Matthew Duncan seminar room for an hour but haven't a clue what its for! Anyone? lol

How do you get your surgery date from Homerton? Is it in a letter or at an appointment?

Best wishes to all xx

I'm waiting to be sleeved at homerton on 19th june.
I have been waiting a year and six months.

Hi den, so happy for you that you have a date!! Such a long process. How did homerton inform you of your date? Did they write to you or was it at an appointment?
All the best x

Hi den, so happy for you that you have a date!! Such a long process. How did homerton inform you of your date? Did they write to you or was it at an appointment?
All the tbest x

Hi Ana thank-you, homerton wrote to me in feb and told me that my surgery will be scheduled between june-august 2012, they only told me the date two weeks ago via letter. I hope you get your surgery date soon and
Good luck with your wls journey tooxxx

Mr Mannur told me at my appointment. Then follow up with a letter. Been to see dietician today & she is happy with me. Just over 6 stones now & starting to loose slowly after a bit of a stall.

Back