• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horrible taste in mouth.

Bonita

I've got a rotten taste in my mouth a lot of the time. Had my teeth checked and they are ok so had a word with the doctor about it this morning.

He said its because my body has gone into starvation mode, its perfectly normal and will pass in time.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if so how long does it last?

Yeah I had a bit of a weird taste, I put it down to not having my usual foods anymore....diet coke etc, its gone now, only had it for a few days after my op

It because you have gone into ketosis. With the bypass it is a perfectly normal thing to go through, things will settle down in time, i got it when i had my band put in but it went after a little while. Try some minty breath spray that should help!

Definitely normal. When it has happened to me, with things like the CD, I would just suck on a polo mint to help with the taste.

Make sure that you are drinking enough, as slight dehydration can cause this too. Also, when did you last get your iron checked, as anaemia can be a cause.

water water water. just make sure you get plenty of it. smelly breath is a secondary indication of dehydration what most people dont realise is if you ever feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. listerine strips are also good for taking away the taste.
hope it passes
hc

Yup foul breath and a coated tongue - ever since my op and in fact it is so revolting i have removed my tongue stud which I have had in-situ for 15 years! I am cleaning my teeth loads and scrubbing my tongue.

Yuck!

Thanks everyone. I'm probably not drinking enough. Had my bloods done this week and they are all absolutely fine so its not that Shell but thanks anyway.

I've got a rotten taste in my mouth a lot of the time. Had my teeth checked and they are ok so had a word with the doctor about it this morning.

He said its because my body has gone into starvation mode, its perfectly normal and will pass in time.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if so how long does it last?
Bonita i had that taste not long after coming out of hospital and i have been having sugar free polo's. I take a little nibble out of one, suck it until it is powder and that does the trick for me - hope it helps sweetheart xx

Chewing parsley is supposed to be very good. I brush my teeth about 5 times a day.

Hi Bonita

Do you think it could be that you are in a kind of ketosis?...That gives off an acetone type of smell and flavour in your mouth.

(((hugs)))

Hi Bonita

Do you think it could be that you are in a kind of ketosis?...That gives off an acetone type of smell and flavour in your mouth.

(((hugs)))

I think it might be. Am going to ask Anna in the morning as its not very pleasant at all. Hubbie said he can't smell anything but I can definately taste something horrid.

Hi Bonita, you have to make sure you drink plenty as this will help. It was the only thing that helped me when I had my band.Its a horrible thing especially when every one wants to give you a hug and you're holding your breath because it stinks lol. Try the sugar free polo's as well just as a little freshener. Good luckxx

Looks like it probably is Ketosis due to me not keeping much down lately.

Having an Xray on Tues to find out why I'm getting a restriction and why I'm still being sick.

Back