• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital Admission

ICAWM

Hello everyone

I am curious as to who had their own room and who was on a shared ward.

I'm being bypassed on nhs at Whittington Hospital, North London (live in Kent)

My boss was bypassed there 2 yrs ago, he was in a ward of 6 beds (i think) he stayed one night & was let home.

I was sleeved at the UCH.... shared ward 5 beds (i was the only bariatric patient in that section) I was in 2 nights

I was on a ward of 4 people 2 of which incl me was a bypass patient, let home the next day.

I was lucky to have my own room at Rosshall, Glasgow a Private hospital but as NHS patient :). Missed having company though.

Thanks. What other type of patients are on these wards then if not all bariatric?

It was a surgical ward I was on I think, so people were in for all sorts. There was an elderly lady who had dementia in the bed opposite and the other lady was quite ill but I dont know what either of them were in for.

our hospital only has private rooms. My husband was on the same floor but different wing and different nurses than me.
All different kinds of patients there. Someone even passed away on my husband's wing while we were there last weekend. :(

Hello everyone

I am curious as to who had their own room and who was on a shared ward.

I'm being bypassed on nhs at Whittington Hospital, North London (live in Kent)
I was in the High Dependency Unit as I had previously had pulmonary embolisms. It was noisy, but at least it was for only one night and I had the very best care.

Back