• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How active were you ??

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
Hi I'm having my bypass on 23 June :553: but I am a little bit concerned because 2 weeks later I am going to Wembley to see Take That and I'm a bit concerned that I won't be mobile enough !!

How active were you 2 weeks after your op ???

i was able to do a few things 2 weeks later but i wouldnt recommend you walk to far as its tiring i think if your just going to concert you should be ok hun x

I am a week tomorrow out of bypass surgery and I have just been in town for three hours and feel fine x so you should be fine after two weeks.
I must confess though , four days ago I thought I would never be able to lead a normal life again!!!! But I was feeling sorry for myself.

My only concerns are people walking into my stomach , so today I just put on some large padded dressings which made me feel more secure.

Good luck with yours, it will be here before you know it xxxx

I went back to work after 2 weeks and I commute into London each day.....my advice would be to make sure you have a seat rather than standing all day as you may need to take lil rests

Oh fiddle !! I'm standing in the crowd !!!!! Never mind - I'm not moving my op date and I'm not gonna miss out on seeing TT so I guess I'll have to suffer - or take a shooting stick so I can sit down hahaha

i have to admit i feel fine after 2 weeks but there is no way i could stand for that long thats why i sold my take that tickets cos i think even in 5 weeks time i wont be up to standing that long. i tird to stand and watch my son doing judo this week and had to go and find a seat 4 times as i felt light headed and the lesson only lasted 45 minutes.

but everyone is different xxxxx

No, don't go - you should definitely stay home and rest ..... and let me have your ticket :p

You'll more than likely be fine - just take it easy and make sure you have your water bottle with you x

After 2 weeks I felt fine no pain or other complaints but I did feel very tired still. Probably due to taking in very little food and recovering from the surgery still. I had afternoon naps all the time ;-)

i think you will be fine angela..most concerts only last an hour...you will be running on adrenialine..i guess your not going to know untill nearer the day... x x

Angela you should definitely pass those tickets to me!! But at 2 weeks I was still feeling a little tired but if the concert is in the evening have a little nap in the afternoon to make up for it, the worst case is you have to find somewhere to sit for a while then go back in, I did this years ago at wet wet wet concert I was 9 months pregnant and I couldn't stand too long I went out to find a seat and a steward asked if I was ok so I told him my prob he went away and came back 2 mins later and took me and hubby to front row seats free of charge so I was a happy bunny. Xx

I'm thinking about asking the lovely Mr Barecca if he will write me a letter so I can get a wheelchair and then I might get to go right to the front haha

What a great idea if not hire one for the day x

Hi Angela, I hope you have a great time at the concert. I have to admit I was still very tired 2wks following the op. Mind you I did walk up to the shops etc and had to sit down. The TT concerts usually last for much longer than an, hour so you will probably need somewhere to sit. If you were near the edges would you be able to sit on the floor? Have plenty of rest on the day and don't forget to take water with you and a small snack, as your blood sugars drop quite rapidly the more you exert yourself.

Back