• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how were you 7 days after bypass

jasonslaphead

I'm wondering how mobile people are a week after a keyhole bypass. I am in on wednesday 11th for mine and I have a funeral to go to on 19th

I was fine 7 days post op for things like that. Just be aware that you will get worn out very quickly and if possible have a lift home arranged.

im currently on 12 days post op and had more of a struggle than others I stayed in hospital lot longer than normal and suffered with wind quite alot. So I would say you will know more after your op and just remember sip sip sip and rest.

I was still very tender 7 days post op, but I did have open surgery and problems with my wound. Also as already said you do tire very quickly.

I am on day 5 and feel great. I have been doing my 30 mins walk the last 3 days. Feel a bit tired when I get home but soon recover.

I am getting in my 2ltr of fluids including soups, protein drinks, orange juice, tea, coffee and flavoured water.

I've not been sick since the op and am just waiting for the nasties to start happening. It is going far too well.

The only probs I have is a weepy drain wound and I have not had a poo yet. Sorry, TMI.

John xx

fine - but tired. If you feel ok and can walk around then you should be fine.

I was absolutely fine. Had the op at 4pm Saturday and then got home at 3pm on the Sunday. I think keeping mobile is the only way to get rid of the wind pains, so if you do that then you will be fine. I even went shopping to Asda on the Monday!!

Good luck for the op.

I was walking after a week and driving the following week. Weakness was my problem though and that has continued for while now. I suppose it stands to sense that we are not putting as much into our system and we will be weak for a period of time after surgery.

This is the best thing I ever did!

U

Back