• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How could I FORGET my 1st surgiversary?

SleeveGirl

Hi Everyone,

Wow, it feels like I haven't posted on here for such a long time!

So, I forgot my 1st surgiversary... Not like me AT ALL!

24th May 2013 was the date of my Gastric Sleeve op, I weighed 14st 10lbs. A year later, 24th May 2014, I weighed 8st 5lbs. Today, I weigh 8st. To date that's a total loss of 6st 10lbs!! I literally cannot believe how quick that time has gone by and how much weight I have lost. I can't stop smiling when I think about it :)

My body has totally changed, I have suffered with some loose skin. Not to the same extent as others, but enough to effect me. One day I will have a boob job, tummy tuck and possibly a thigh lift. It will take a while to save up, but I will do it.

I am one of the ones who kept my surgery a secret and to this day that is still the case. I am so happy about this! I do have comments like, 'oh you don't eat much', 'you never eat', etc, but people have got used to it. I have just said that eating the way I do (little and often) is the only way I keep my weight down.

Confidence was a very very big issue for me pre op, basically I had none. I was a hermit, I wouldn't go out of the house. Even going to my Dads house was an issue for me, just in case someone I knew or didn't know was going to be there. I was scared to take my daughter to school on my own, I didn't want to see anyone.
Now, this has changed... I wouldn't say I am the most confident because I am not. But, I go out, we go out, we have parties at our house, we have fun, we have friends :) One thing I would say is that my head still hasn't caught up with my body, I look in the mirror and I still see the old me. Now pre op I didn't believe it when others said that, but it really does happen!

I love my sleeve and I am now happy, what more can I ask for :) :) :)

Sorry for the long post!!

Anyone with any questions please feel free to get in touch :)

Katy xx

Happy surgiversary Katy. You have done brilliantly well and must feel awesome :).

I was sleeved back in January and have not one regret and the weight is literally falling off!

Take care
X

Thank you Matra! I am glad everything is going well for you too!
xx

Thank you @The Old Woman x

@Bally - Lovely profile pic hun :) Are you finding it hard to stop loosing weight or are you maintaining ok?

@Bally - Lovely profile pic hun :) Are you finding it hard to stop loosing weight or are you maintaining ok?

I've found it hard to stop loosing when I first hit target weight in January. It took me a few weeks to realise I had to start eating more often and/or more calorific meals. I started carrying almonds and hazelnuts to snack on during the day.
At the mo I'm mantaining on a 1.600 cals diet. I always log each single meal/snack on MyNetDiary and it's getting easier.

I've found it hard to stop loosing when I first hit target weight in January. It took me a few weeks to realise I had to start eating more often and/or more calorific meals. I started carrying almonds and hazelnuts to snack on during the day.
At the mo I'm mantaining on a 1.600 cals diet. I always log each single meal/snack on MyNetDiary and it's getting easier.

I am going to try logging what I eat - thank you for the tip! xx

Are you finding it hard to stop loosing or are you finding it difficult to mantain?

Hi Bally, I am finding it hard to stop loosing xx

I've set MyNetDiary (it's not free, but My Fitness Pal is) to mantain and it sets the number of necessary daily cals.
I have 3 small meals and 3 'large' snacks...6 small meals is a better description.
I always carry almonds or hazelnuts or parmesan cheese with me for snacking in order to have cals+prots+good fats at every snack.
Snacking on fruit or veggies may be satisfying during hot summer season but fruit doesn't have enough cals for me to mantain.

I've set MyNetDiary (it's not free, but My Fitness Pal is) to mantain and it sets the number of necessary daily cals.
I have 3 small meals and 3 'large' snacks...6 small meals is a better description.
I always carry almonds or hazelnuts or parmesan cheese with me for snacking in order to have cals+prots+good fats at every snack.
Snacking on fruit or veggies may be satisfying during hot summer season but fruit doesn't have enough cals for me to mantain.

I have taken your advise a taken some nuts into work with me to snack on.
If you don't mind me asking - how much are you eating at one time? xx

I have taken your advise a taken some nuts into work with me to snack on.
If you don't mind me asking - how much are you eating at one time? xx

Of course I don't mind!
I'm still eating half of a tea plate at main meals and snacks of about 40 grams of parmesan cheese with 20 grams of almonds (and it takes me half an hour to finish it) or a fat free greek yogurt (170 grams, another 20 minutes) or a prot bar (that's faster to finish!).

Of course I don't mind!
I'm still eating half of a tea plate at main meals and snacks of about 40 grams of parmesan cheese with 20 grams of almonds (and it takes me half an hour to finish it) or a fat free greek yogurt (170 grams, another 20 minutes) or a prot bar (that's faster to finish!).

Thanks Bally. I was wondering if I was eating too little at a main meal, but it sounds as though we eat about the same. xx

Thanks Bally. I was wondering if I was eating too little at a main meal, but it sounds as though we eat about the same. xx

Well, I believe that's the volume of a well mantained sleeve pouch.
I know people that can eat more than that but I'm not willing to stretch my sleeve. I gather that the pouch will enlarge a bit anyway without my help so I'm trying to keep it small as long as possible.

Sorry I missed this, happy Surgiversary x

Back