• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Surgiversary

ladilindy

Well here we are...one year down, that went quick :D

So where am I at:

Loss since surgery: 8st 2lbs
Total loss since start of pre-op: 9st 5lbs

Start weight: 20st 2lbs
Current weight: 10st 11lbs

Start size: 24-26
Current size: 10-12

I think it is fair to say that I am extremely happy with my results so far...not bad for an old bird of 60 ;) It was predicted that I would probably lose 60% of my excess weight and I am 9lbs from losing 50% of my total weight.

For me though, this journey was about more than weight...I had been severely depressed for over 4 years...I am now off all medication for this. My blood pressure was through the roof...off the meds for this as well, in fact, my BP is now on the low side.

I have more energy, I laugh again and take pride in my appearance again (although ladies of a certain age give me sideways looks in my skinny jeans, hoodie and very high heels :p) not ready to be old yet!!

Food wise I can eat most things and don't really dump very much (not sure if that is a good thing or not). I will be glad when our house move is over next week though, it has played havoc with my eating...trying to juggle deliveries and work between two places has led to a few bad eating decisions, but I am still in control and my weight has been stable for 3 weeks.

So now I head into the next part of my journey...I would like to lose those last few pounds but I am not putting pressure on myself.

Lynn x

Hannah2

Congratulations! Happy to hear that it has had such a positive effect on your life and you are med free, that must be such a good feeling! Well done on your great loss :happy096:

Crystalrainbow

Well done sweetheart.......don't seem possible....... a whole year wow where did that go!!! firstly congratulations :) and a huge well done on your fab achievement (even for a more mature, beautiful lady ) lol go knock em dead hunni..... who wrote the rules that say 'we' cant wear certain clothes because of our age??? i say if it fits wear it!!!!! and i do ;) those side ways looks are more longing looks....wishing they too could wear those skinnys :) reach for the stars beautiful lady and far beyond....you've done amazing and will continue till you reach your goals..... good luck with the move, it is a real stressful time. I said to hubs the other day about when times are tough or busy how the things that slide are normally US ........so put yourself first missy, plenty of other things that can slide.....you are the most important thing now...... you deserve the best x x x x huge hugs

los in it

Congratulations on reaching 1year post op you must feel fantastic!