• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do I avoid Slider foods when its all I can eat

Fat Again

I'm really struggling at the moment with the food I'm able to eat and keep down.

I try to eat healthily the best I can but just lately find that I'm bringing it back up after a couple of mouthfuls.

I attempted a very small tuna salad yesterday, all chopped up really small and covered in very low fat mayo, but after a couple of bits I just couldn't face anymore, however an hour later cos I was still hungry I ate 3 rich tea biscuits dipped in tea - they went down lovely.

I've only ever dumped once and have tried most foods to see if any of it triggers dumping, I think this is my problem.

I can't seem to eat even a very tiny meal, but can eat a peice of chocolate, a couple of biscuits or even some ice cream - that goes down and stays down.

I can eat a small portion home made chicken curry, but Im really sick of it.

How do I get passed this stage, I know I shouldn't be eating the slider foods and jepodising the weight loss, but when it's all I can eat ?????????

Hi, i dont understand why your bringing food up still at your stage?? I know were all different but at 6 months i was able to eat most foods, I dont blame you for eating slider foods if it means not bringing it back up, i would do exactley the same! Do you have this problem with all foods except slider ones?

I think you need to get back in touch with your provider about this. Hopefully they can help you sort out whatever the problem is. Good luck x

I agree with the others. At your stage you should be able to manage pretty much all foods. If you can't then you could possibly need a stretch.

Hi, i dont understand why your bringing food up still at your stage?? I know were all different but at 6 months i was able to eat most foods, I dont blame you for eating slider foods if it means not bringing it back up, i would do exactley the same! Do you have this problem with all foods except slider ones?

Basically yeah, I just don't get it. Last night I attemted some chicken casserole, the chicken was really soft and tender too, I took a couple of mouthfuls and just felt really sick !

However later I ate a tiny peice of chocolate cake no problem.

My other half says its a mental thing - he just don't understand, but a part of me thinks is he right ????

Hun, if you are feeling sick rather than being sick I would say try to persevere. I know the nausea feeling will be unpleasant, but perhaps your body just needs to get used to it, and your OH may be right - it could be a case of mind over matter.

If you are being sick though, then I do think you should speak to your team.

Hope today is a good day for you x

Back