• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long after your bypass did you...

Louise1

I know I sound sad but how long did you wait after bypass to have a bath & start to exercise??
It's 3 weeks today since surgery and I was planning on waiting until my 6 week check to see if they were happy for me to bathe instead of shower/exercise/return to work.
However my 6 week check is actually 11 weeks and so I'm planning a return to work at 6 weeks when I'm on stage 4 foods but I'd kill for a hot soak.
Any advice as always greatly appreciated.
xx

Hi Louise Iv had to have a bath from when I went home after first week as I don't own a shower. My wounds are now healing great glue nearly off :) go have yourself a nice pamper soak lol x

If your wounds are healed, then you can have a bath. Make sure you have someone to help you out of it though, you might need help standing up. I used to get stuck first of all as I didn't have enough strength in my legs anymore. But that passes too...

Oooooo. I'm all excited now. I was told 4-6 weeks.
The glue fell off my wounds over the first few days and they rarely weep now.
I think I might treat myself to a Lush Snow Fairy bubble bath later on with cranberry juice in a champagne glass lol!!
xx

Yey another Lush addict :D

Enjoy your bath hun, take a good book in with you :p

i had a bath as soon as my staples were removed which was about 10 days after.... i havnt had a 6 week check my hospital only do 3 month checks... and mine is in march... so thats 4 months after my op... i havnt started excercising.. but i am walking more and im more energentic at work.. so i guess im doing something lol x

Thanks Rayne. I was glued so it's hard to tell what's really going on with the incisions as they haven't been checked at all.
I've been told my fitness experts to wait until 6 weeks so I suppose I'll rest up other than walking until then. I have 2 energetic dogs so I'm a little worried about trying to walk them..
xx

I was glued could bath straight away but not soak to long. Pat yourself dry rather than rub so you don't knock the glue off before its ready.
I was told I could go swimming from about 4 wks post-op as should be healed enough to be safe of not softening the new scar to much. If any wound was still not totally healed pop a plaster on to be safe.

I have't had a bath for a long time as dont fit in our bath. I can't wait for a bubble bath.
Have a nice bath hun x

Hi, I was told not to swim until the wounds were completely healed, but I could walk and do other exersise from about 6 weeks. I was told not to do anything like abdominal work, eg crunches, until after 12 weeks when everything inside should also have healed. Hope you've enjoyed your soak in the bath:)

I had a bath about 7 days post op and was doing full on gym exercise with a trainer from 6 weeks post op.

Did you have your bath Louise?
I bet it was the best bath ever lol

Actually I didn't hun. I'm waiting until I can get into town for a Lush bath bomb lol.
xx

Oh good idea although I prefer there bubble bars, I'm so disappointed they discontinued the Ma Bar :(
Just make sure you don't get one full of confetti or something lol!

Back