• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did you have off work?

Dell

I have an office job, with some walking around our large hospital but not much.

I need to drive there and back, which I have been told I cannot until 6 weeks post op - is this realistic? I was driving 3 weeks after both my CSections :rolleyes:

Another lady where I work had 8-9 weeks off I think and then a managed return, but she works full time and I only work 16 hours over 5 days :D

Just curious really, as my boss asks me every week :rolleyes:

I was not working at the time of my operation and I had a band, I was told no driving for 3 weeks and not to return to work until at least 2 weeks...

But to be honest it would have been more like 4....

I am a childminder and work in a pre-school. I took 3 weeks off work, was plenty.

I was driving after 2 weeks.

I work full time in central London and spend between two and a half and three hours commuting each day. I had 5 weeks off, followed by 3 weeks on a phased return where I worked mostly at home with a couple of days each week in the office. My advice is, don't underestimate how tired you will get, even if your work isn't particularly physical.

i was back after **cough cough** 10 days...you have to be careful, go by the guidelines set by your surgical team, don't do as i did and ignore what they said ;)

Firstly KatKit, your note would say 'abdominal/stomach surgery, you don't have to elaborate. However if you have a strenuous job you will need more than little over a week off.

I had 6 weeks off, i was knackered all of a sudden about 2 weeks post op! Don't underestimate how major your surgery and it's effects will be on your body xx

Marky as cab driver extraordinaire i'm guessing if you don't work you don't get paid? Oh yes i was driving at two weeks post op and my surgery was open :)

Firstly KatKit, your note would say 'abdominal/stomach surgery, you don't have to elaborate. However if you have a strenuous job you will need more than little over a week off.

I had 6 weeks off, i was knackered all of a sudden about 2 weeks post op! Don't underestimate how major your surgery and it's effects will be on your body xx

Marky as cab driver extraordinaire i'm guessing if you don't work you don't get paid? Oh yes i was driving at two weeks post op and my surgery was open :)

indeed, you hit the nail on the head, i just did no heavy lifting or wheelchair work, if the other driver's complained, i showed em my hefty scar and staples, they soon shut up!!

my cousin got out of hospital and was driving 3 days later and back at work after a week and she works in a office, hope this helps x

I only work an hour and a half a day as a midday supervisor so when I went back at four weeks post op I expected to be fine and technically I was, but I was still exhausted and I still wish I had had another two weeks off.
Steph xx

Back