• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long do you all advise i wait?

los in it

evening everyone!
im newish to this road im on ive had all the pre checks done regular meetings with the psy team and meet up with the doctors assistant (at barts hospital London)who said I have done all the things asked of me and I have been approved for the gastric band just need to meet up with the doctors at homerton hospital who will rubber stamp the deal and then its just a bit of a waiting game.....the problem is because they said I would get a letter to go to homerton"in a couple of weeks" I have been coming home every night looking for this letter and no sign of it ! maybe im in a hurry to get it done does anyone thing this is wrong to be eager to "get there"? should I get in touch with the team at barts to see what is happening or ring homerton or just slow down and let it take its course and I will hear in due course I just need some friendly advise !

I really feel for you only that I could not wait. I was refered but I know I did not have the patients to wait for the referal and all the build up like yourself getting all in a tiz. try not to think about it I know you want it done yesterday but It will take some months down the line and well you need to get Thru the day. good luck before you

thank you all for your thoughts. I will try to park it to one side and you say get thru the day .im sure we all once we have made the choice just want it done but these things need to take time ,thanks again

I would give them a call... For the case of a 5 min call...they will either know or they will not know...what have u got to loose?

finally had a word with myself and called barts re when will I be going to homerton.it turns out barts have sent a letter to my gp who then get in touch with homerton .so I guess I will hold fire for a week or 2 then call my gp for an update

Glad u rang at least u.know now. :)

Back