• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HIya please i need some advice

angelicheart

AngelicHeart
hi:talk017:
So sorry for not keeping in touch with you all lovely people.

Ok just to let you where i am with my progress, i have recived a letter last week stating that i need to attend on the 27/01/11 afternoon appintment at the Homerton hospital@ 15:30 this is my second appointment.
The letter say it would be a group discussion and i must attend, to discuss the surgery further and meet with the team who is going to perform the surgery :drool: i can't waite.

Could any one please inlight me of what happen and do i need to diet, as the letter say i am going to be weight to so if i have lost weight, but i never been told to diet i only been adviced to smaller meals.

Awaiting you r kindness for advice.

:help2:

Hi Angelic, I'm with Homerton too. The group session is for you to watch a video and to ask questions. They weight you every appointment to log your weight and if they want you to lose weight they will give you a pre-op diet (although i only got mine a week before the op). I would phone up now and ask when they want you to do the pre-op diet. I had to do this and they sent me a copy by email. They didn't seem too concerned about my weight but had already lost 2 stone on the cambridge diet between my first appointment and the pre opp appointment. I would add that the pre-opp diet is more to do with shrinking the liver to make the surgery safer and easier than to lose weight, although that is a bonus

So pleased that you have some progress and lovely to hear from you.

I did start smaller meals from the onset... then after the appointment you will be guided as to whether the surgeon wants you to try and reduce your weight and will advise you of what is best for you.

My belief is that anything that gives us a boost and helps the surgeon along has to be good.

We have a daily meal diary log running and a weekly weigh in on Saturday's, if it's any help to you and sending a humungous hug.

Take care and enjoy a very peaceful Christmas xxx

Thank you so much lovely ppls :eek:) ok i will call tomorrow and will start diet. god bless you all and have a wonderful Xmas and happy new year mmmmmmmmmmmmmwahhhhhhhhhh

Hello,
I am also with Homerton and under Mr koak. I have had my 1st appointment with the nurse and the group session. My 2nd appointment is with Mr koak and its on 14th jan. the nurse and the diatitian whom i met on my 1st appointment mentioned about the 5% weightloss. I am gussing its 5% of my excess weight that i will have to loose to show them i am confident enought to go for the surgery. they didn't mention anything else. i don't know if its true or not but i heard from some of the posts here that if you are having fertility problems and PCOS, you get the OK for surgery?

Back