• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long does shoulder pain last?

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi everyone, advice please. I had my op on 3 August and didn't experience any referred shoulder pain until 6 August. Since then it has been on and off - but mostly on - and quite severe at times. Called THG who advised all okay and said to call back. They suggested GP appt whic I had on Tuesday. Blood pressure and sats ok. Still have pain in shoulder and top of right arm. Anyone else had pain for a week or more?

Totally normal for some its the air they pump in for surgery.Keep moving your arms like a windmill and try not to worry it will go.

I think some time ago some one on here said it was something to do with the muscle that has been disturbed when you had your op??

Awe Tracey. You have my total sympathy. I suffered really badly from wind after my band on July 20th and like you it didn't start until 2 days post op. peppermint cordial in warm water and peppermint tea worked quite well. I contacted the nurse and she said to keep moving so the dog got plenty of walks especially later in the evening when I just knew trying to sleep would be pointless. It did go but I was warned it could last on and off for up to 2 weeks, which it did but got less and less. I am now 4 weeks post op tomorrow and feel loads better as long as I remember to eat slowly. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks everyone. I'm heartened (in odd way) that it lasted so long for others too. Hoping it goes away soon, but less concerned. I am so grateful to this site and WLS friends for their shared advice.

Back