• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oooooooooooooo am so annoyed!

cassiecat

My Father was admitted for Surgery for Bowel Cancer on the 19th of March at the Royal Liverpool Hospital and since his discharge the service received from so called Community Based, 'Caring Professionals' has been a disgrace!

He was discharged on Friday 23rd of March 2012 - and told to call the DN call centre line to arrange to be seen at a walk in centre for catheter care and wound management. My mother called on the Friday and was told the systems where down and no appointments could be made.

Friday night he took a turn for the worse and the doctor was called and subsequently I had to take him back into the Royal for tests.

To cut a long story short he has a catheter, is Faeces incontinent and in quite alot of pain - so when My Mother rang the Call Centre Number again on Monday 26th of March 2012 to be told systems where still down so no appointments could be made I was outraged.
I then rang my Fathers GP Practice and spoke to the Practice Manager who arranged for a District Nurse to come the next day.
This lady was very helpful and told my Mum and Dad that she would be out to see him to check on the catheter and his wounds on Friday 30th March 2012.

By 4pm no-one had arrived I was at my mums all day and advised her to give a quick call just in case he had been overlooked - On the answer message it stated that calls after five would be returned the next day. No one called.

At 8pm my Mother contacted the night service - really just to find out why no-one had arrived and to enquire if someone would be attending the next day (Saturday) the person she spoke to said they didn't know and would leave a message for someone to ring her back.

Well, indeed they did - this morning and they have really upset both my Mum and Dad!!

Apparently my Mother is a liar (?) - they did call she didn't bother answering - well unless we are ALL deaf - the phone did not ring!! So I suppose that makes me a liar too and I would like evidence of when that phone call was made.

Uncaring Unprofessional did not see what the fuss was about - it was only wound management - erm No 73 year old man - major surgery for Cancer = Catheter Care, Pain control and a little reassurance needed.

'She' my Mother refused a visit from the night team - not entirely true - when asked if and I repeat if my Mother would like them to come out as an Emergency - she said as long as the dressing could be done Saturday there would be no need - didnt want to be a burden! My mum also stated she did know how system worked being a nurse her self for over 40 years and didnt really want the Emergency team out - over stretching them as she knew how busy they where - So not really 'Refusing' is it... To be then told 'Well thing have changed a bit since your time' - really - well obviously not for the better!

Then to top it all -' Uncaring Unprofessional' states that they are not house bound - well I would like ' Uncaring Unprofessional' to try going out with a Catheter, also being incontinent and in pain and tell me how she gets on.

I am totally Disgusted - I am not going to let this drop!!

Sorry for ranting - but I feel so strongly about this:mad:

Louise what a nightmare!!
i certainly wouldn't let this drop either. your mam is clearly a very caring ex-nurse trying to be considerate of overstretching emergency services but, in future i hope she decides just to call 999 and go direct to casualty!!
i hope your dad feels better soon louise. my thoughts are with you all xx

Im with you every step of the way,disgusting treatment.Report this person.Who the hell did she think she was talking to!Sounds as if they are trying to cover thier backs by saying they rang.If a catheter isnt changed infection can set in quickly as your poor mum knows.They could do without this added stress.Maz

I would not let this go either and I agree with a&e all the way rather than wait in those incompetant "carers"

Complain , this is an utter disgrace and then to be made to feel ur liars - well I'd be fuming as well - Much Luv 2 u all xx

oh no :wave_cry: i really hope your dad is ok xxx

:(Thanks all xx Am so annoyed about this, two DN's turned up before I arrived and my Dad refused to see them as they upset my Mum so much!
This has been such a disgraceful service from since he was discharged :(

Back