• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many calories should i have

girly girl

sorry iv not been on much just got my laptop fixed and need help im 11 weeks out from bypass and well i can eat anything i dont dump only things that make me feel sick are chicken skin ,parsnip and croutons.i can eat pizza ,choc,full fat butter, curry all the thing that got me this way to start with just in small portions so really need to be watching what im eating so i am going to start and wright things down and count the calories and fat so if some 1 could tell about how many caolories and how much fat i should be having i would very much apprecite it
thanks

Hi Lisa

I am a member of a website (and have been for years) which has a calorie database and am keeping track of my calorie intake there.

Recommendations on here have been around 600-800 cals per day with an emphasis on the protein side of things.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find some links :)

Lisa Silver surfer doesnt dump either maybe he can give u some advice on food choices bypass wise, he would be a good person to ask ok xxxx

Hi Lisa

As Liz says i dont dump either, never have and like yourself i can eat anything, some say this is a blessing or a curse, but for me it works as i can go anywhere and eat anything just in smaller portions that before my op.

At 11 weeks i wouldn't honestly worry to much unless your now not losing weight and have plateaud, i've really never watched my diet that closely, though i have alway ate high protein and for the first year avoided carbs as much as i could, i dont eat anything 'diet labelled' and actually avoid anything like this, i can eat so little of something that to be honest the little i eat isn't hurting me at all, so full fat cheese, butter, cream etc ;-)

Describe what an average days food is for you and i'll tell you if i think its ok or not, i would be aiming for around 1200 - 1500 cals a day and ensure you get some form of exercise daily, walking, running or whatever, this should avoid a weight lose stall.

Hiya,

I've got this problem too. I'm 13 weeks post op and can eat anything. The only dumping I get is some times a mild sick feeling if I eat sweet stuff. I'm worried about calories too, I seem to be having 800-1200 calories a day which I worry might be too much. Also over the last 2 weeks I seem to be able to comfortably eat a lot more. Before I could eat say a small tin of beans now I can eat that plus a piece of toast. It is a bit worrying really.

xx

Thanks silversurfer
as soon as i get up a glass of fresh juice and my tablets about 9.30 handfull of high bran with nuts and fruit late morning coffee with fruit ,yogurt or if being silly a choc biky about 1.30 any thing from hand full pasta with meat,1 slice meat pizza,small bowl meat curry,meat soup ,half chicken breast chips, veg,rice or salad. about 4.30 coffee and snack then super 9pm the same sort of things as lunch any thing that has meat in then 11pm small glass juice and my tablets.if there are sweets about i will still pick at them but there are not many about since xmas.
I do 2 hours 3 times a week at the gym.
O and the odd night out well iv had 2 and dont get drunk any quicker.
Looking at that looks so much for only 11 weeks
Thanks

Lisa - sounds ok to me, wish my diet was that good, but confess i dont have the greatest diet in the world, at your stage this is about right, provided your still losing i'd keep things as they are for now and re assess when you either stop losing or hit a plateau.

Back