• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Often do MDT meetings happen?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has any information on how often the Multidisciplinary teams have meetings.

I had my Nurses surgeons appointments at Homerton on Saturday both said to me that my case would now go to the MDT to be discussed. The Nurse specifically told me that the wait list is not long at all but having read several threads here i am just wondering if "not long" is several weeks or do these meetings take place on a weekly or bi weekly basis...

Waiting on a decision can be very nerve racking so hoping to settle my mind.

Any insight would be highly appreciated . Thanks

At my hospital they are once a week. I have no idea if thats usual or not though.

I hope you hear something soon, I've had to ring today to find out what happened when I was discussed last Tuesday x

Thanks Mazza

Which hospital are you under? Really happy to hear they have them weekly at yours hoping that is the standard across the NHS. I didn't know you could call through to find out the outcome of the meeting I was worried that if I did I would making a nuisance of myself so I've held back despite really wanting to! Hope you got the outcome you hoped for

Hi I am at homerton too from what I was told they happen once a week on a Wednesday. Hope that helps. I am waiting for the outcome of my sleep apnea test fingers crossed I don't need a machine so I get to meeting list in 2 or 3 weeks time ? good luck with yours Hun keep us posted

It often depends on how many ops they do. If you're somewhere busy as it sounds, once a week sounds likely but if they have too many to discuss so might not be discussed at the next meeting

Thanks Mazza

Which hospital are you under? Really happy to hear they have them weekly at yours hoping that is the standard across the NHS. I didn't know you could call through to find out the outcome of the meeting I was worried that if I did I would making a nuisance of myself so I've held back despite really wanting to! Hope you got the outcome you hoped for

Thank you, my hospital is in Coventry. I took it upon myself to ring as I seem to be going round in circles - eighteen months on.

I was supposed to be being discussed some time ago but they ran out of time, then forgot about me.

Don't worry about being a nuisance, what's the worse that can happen after all x

Hi I am at homerton too from what I was told they happen once a week on a Wednesday. Hope that helps. I am waiting for the outcome of my sleep apnea test fingers crossed I don't need a machine so I get to meeting list in 2 or 3 weeks time ? good luck with yours Hun keep us posted

Hey Hi Sav

Nice to know another Homertonee here who know we may just meet on the Hackney corridors! Thanks for the info I am more settled knowing they are weekly and so should come around soon. Good luck with your test I'm sure all will be well and you will soon be on your way to the op of your choice x

It often depends on how many ops they do. If you're somewhere busy as it sounds, once a week sounds likely but if they have too many to discuss so might not be discussed at the next meeting

I'm sure Homerton has a huge number to get through the info on their website says they are the main Center for east of London and beyond so maybe I should practice my username and exercise some patience ( I always felt it was more of a suggestion of what is possible then a statement of fact of my character :) thanks for the info x

Thank you, my hospital is in Coventry. I took it upon myself to ring as I seem to be going round in circles - eighteen months on. I was supposed to be being discussed some time ago but they ran out of time, then forgot about me. Don't worry about being a nuisance, what's the worse that can happen after all x

Aww sorry about that I always fear getting lost I. The system and being forgotten and weighing that against being keen on following up and I guess you are right you can't really be a nuisance where your health is concerned. All the best with your journey

At Bournemouth the MDT meetings are fortnightly, but a friend of mine went through Homerton and she started with them in November and had Sleeve op on 1st April so they were quite fast!

4 years on

:sigh:I have been waiting 4 years. I finally had my endoscopy last Wednesday and am now waiting for my surgery date.

Hey we could always meet up for a coffee and a walk :) inbox me if your interested xx

I am with Homerton too and the lady I spoke to said the MDT is every Wednesday. My case hasn't gone to MDT yet as i needed a 24hr monitoring of my heart! I will probably need a sleep apnea yest to check to see if I have it!

It's really encouraging knowing that their are a few homertonions!

I'm a homerton chick too!

Hi, Just wondering if anyone here has any information on how often the Multidisciplinary teams have meetings. I had my Nurses surgeons appointments at Homerton on Saturday both said to me that my case would now go to the MDT to be discussed. The Nurse specifically told me that the wait list is not long at all but having read several threads here i am just wondering if "not long" is several weeks or do these meetings take place on a weekly or bi weekly basis... Waiting on a decision can be very nerve racking so hoping to settle my mind. Any insight would be highly appreciated . Thanks
Hello I'm also from Homerton and once I had all my appointments and it went to mdt it took 4 weeks to be told I was accepted hope that helps x

Sorry to be a pain. When you got told you had been accepted did they give you the surgery date then? Or did you get a seperate letter. And how long from told you had been accepted till surgery day? And again sorry feel I am like a pest but this wait is driving me positively nuts. Lol x

I had my bypass at Homerton on 5th May. My first appt was 19th January. I was referred for a
Sleep Apnea test which I had on the 19th February and an endoscopy on March 5th. My sleep apnea results took ages to come through roughly 8 weeks. My endoscopy results were returned quite quickly. I rang lots of times to chase my sleep apnea results and that held things up for me. I had my MDT on 15th April and the nurse told me to ring the next day (Thurs) to hear the outcome. The hospital rang me on 27th April and offered me an op date for 5th may. I only had to do the liver shrinking diet for just over a week as I was offered a cancellation for my op. Hope this helps to give you a rough idea of waiting times

Hi Patience

Another Homertonian here - I know how you feel, everyday I check my phone constantly to see if i've missed a call lol, last time I was this impatient was waiting for my acceptance at uni.

It is really heartening to hear how quick everything seems to go at Homerton, I'm now just awaiting a surgery date and I cannot make any plans for trips, shows or anything that cant be rearranged as this is my priority (just thankful I have no exams left to do).

fingers x'd we all get some news soon!!

Back