• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to prepare for surgery - arnica

PrincessBex

Im hoping this is the right place to ask this.

Im having a boob job in just over three weeks and i was wondering if anyone knows if theres anything i can do to prepare for it.

Iv been told its good to take arnica, but when i went to the chemist the other day there were two, 6d and 30d (i think thats what they were) Does anyone one know which i should take? And also, what doseage. The instructions seemed to be to help with existing bruising, so im not sure how much to take to prevent it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hiya Becky

Haylee has just had a boob job and am sure she will be online later to answer your question.

M.

Im hoping this is the right place to ask this.

Im having a boob job in just over three weeks and i was wondering if anyone knows if theres anything i can do to prepare for it.

Iv been told its good to take arnica, but when i went to the chemist the other day there were two, 6d and 30d (i think thats what they were) Does anyone one know which i should take? And also, what doseage. The instructions seemed to be to help with existing bruising, so im not sure how much to take to prevent it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi hun,

I have to be honest here I havent used it with either the breast lift, or tummy tuck and breast implants.. and didnt particularly bruise either..
Im a good healer, I had my wound check today after 2 weeks and appear to be near on healed on the surface..
Obviously it takes alot longer internally.. but my external wound has dried out, scabbed over, and just about peeled off.. revealing a very slim fine scar!! which im delighted with !
I read articles on Arnica, some say its great, some say when given in a placebo test trial it made no difference.. personally I believe healing comes from rest, a positive attitude and really wanting the surgery to give you the best possible result!

My Surgeon says he loves working on me, I dont worry about all the 'what if's', Personally I think if they are going to happen they are going to. But worrying about them never did any good! I just smile lots, and remember whatever the pain its SO WORTH IT!!!

Are you having a breast lift?
If so you would be better investing in some good laxatives, possibly FIBRE 89 prior to going in.. the co-codamol and diclofenic tend to bind you severly... I didnt go for 3 weeks!!! that was more painful than anything! lol

How much longer u got before you go in?
I had the mastopexy last november, there's no point kidding ... it hurts, but I was so pleased with the perky boobs afterwards that it made it all worth it!!

Sassy x

I have my boob job on the 3rd of sept and my clinic told me to buy arnica 6c and take 4 days before the op but not on the morning of the op as they contain surgar! the pack says how many to take GOOD LUCK!!!

Back