• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey Sleeved on 21/09/2013 How are you feeling now ?

SooSan

So Im 28 and single parent to one, Im not too fussed with cooking for my little one it doesnt bother me but im missing food...just want something to bite into !!
my diet currently consists of
breakfast 1 weetabix loads of semi skimmed milk
water-water-water
lunch usually soup or blended casserole yummy!:sigh:
water-water-water-water
dinner same as lunch
water-water-water
and sometimes another weetabix later on in the evening to help me take my tablets......any ideas how to mix this up a little lol ? getting boring and finding myself missing food and looking at healthy recipes constantly :-/ ...but the fact iv lost nearly 2 stone during this time does put a smile on my face :) oh and the tiredness is unreal! until night then i cant sleep till 2-3am
what about others at this stage? How were you guys getting on what were you eating?How were you feeling ....im chuffed to find this website as I have no one around me to compare with :)

Just wanna say hi, I can't advise as I'm pre-op but I'm sure some one will pop up soon. Welcome ?

My doctors suggested buying some healthy ready meals you like and you could try blending that, or cooked apples down into a puree with a little bit of custard? x

Hi thanx Badgerpink :) oh weightloss dreamer I tried custard I just felt ill off that ha ha its a good thing I suppose, Iv bought some protein shakes looking forward to the mushy stage next week, blended chicken is just not nice in my opinion lol couldnt get away with that ....think im just going to stick it out with soups and shakes for the remainder of the week and get excited for mushy food ha ha x

Hello I was sleeved on the 2nd Oct and I have to do liquids for 4 weeks, so I have 250mls a day of buildup and 250lms a day of soup which has extra protein powder added to it. Then I have to have aprox 750ml of sugar free squash in between and im feeling ok on that, I really do miss food a lot infact I could cry at times at the loss but I remind myself that on the 1st Nov when I start purees for 4 weeks I can sort of eat again and at this stage im allowed 2 x protein shakes a day, water and 3 small meals, so breakfast will probs be very thin sieved readybrek and milk, lunch maybe pureed backed beans and cheese like 3/4 tbsp and dinner will be like mash potatos and chicken in white sauce mixed to a puree again 3/4tbsp again and I will keep it varied so as not to get bored, but im allowed to have cauliflower cheese, corn beef, pasta, rice, veg, fish in sauce, lean mince beef in gravy....then after 4 weeks on puree I can then progress onto normal foods again just a lot less of them.
Has your surgeon not given you a list of what and when you can eat?

yeah didnt think about the custard thing, i guess it could cause you to dump! you could always puree some fruit into natural yoghurt x

Hang in there! the hardest bit is behind you. I envey you I ahve to wate for 3 weeks for my op.
Good luck!

Hi I had my sleeve done on the 21-10-13 and i've had enough of the broth!!!:argh:...But from monday i can then go on to Puree food which i am NOT looking forward to either!...Even when my daughter was a baby i never ever tried her baby food! I am also finding drinking difficult because i think i gulp my drink not sip:rolleyes:I am trying really hard not to gulp...really!!..Well good luck on the rest of your journey and i look forward to reading more about how you are doing X

Back