• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry but no appetite 6 days post op?

Wondered if some experienced banders could help out..... I struggled to keep things down and had to have a defill 3 days post op. Am now finding my tummy rumbles... Like I am hungry except I am not and even when i make a lovely soup that I know I usually enjoy I just can't face eating it when I sit down.. Is this normal?

I can recognise the head hunger v actual hunger from Pre op days but it isn't that... Only have 0.5 ml in my band really not that keen on food.... This is very odd for me as I have always adored my food... Emotional eater etc

Appetite does return? Surely?? Yes???

Thanks in advance all

Mx

Lucky you!!!! I now feel more or less completely back to normal appart from some slight wind pains ........and I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!! I just don't feel satisfied with any of my soups or shakes (was very naughty this afternoon and had a bowl of Haagen Daaz vanilla icecream - it was gorgeous!) xxx

Can't really help but I'm guessing that as its very early days yet, just over a week? I'd imagine your tum is still a bit swollen, and possibly that's why your feeling full. Am only guessing, but for what it's worth that would be my take on it hune.

Do you think you are a bit wary because of how you were before the defill?

Gurgling tummy noises are normal but you get used to them.

You need to make sure you are having something though, the not feeling like it could be just that you are too hungry?! xx

Think am a little wary because of initial hiccup I had but honestly just not that hungry, perhaps it is the swelling etc... Pretty sure it won't last.. Make the most I guess :) x

Back