• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days post op struggling to get fluids down

mad midwife

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me I am 6 days post gastric bypass and I'm really struggling to get my fluids down, my record is around 900mls and I'm supposed to get in 2 litres!! Just sipping makes me uncomfortable and bloated, I'm supposed to start purees tomorrow but I'm going to delay as I'm struggling enough with fluids let alone food! Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do, the only thing that seems to slip down quite nicely is bovril!!

I feel awful drinking anything but milk, I know it's odd. I put in nas crusha and I find it more comfortable than any other liquid.

I had this same problem and was re admitted to hospital for a IV drip as I was only managing a tiny 2 sips of squash in a day! I felt sick and bloated,it does get easier! I'm 9 weeks post op with my bypass now and still struggle with fluids il probably drink 2-3 glasses of squash in a day if I'm lucky :/ hope u feel better soon x

Back