• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am a looser

BandyEmm

But not the good looser

I am having big regrets for having a band, and wish i had pushed for a bypass (even tho they didnt offer)

I know im only 6mths post op but am feeling a very big failure.

I know i have moaned and moaned but i just want to scream and cry cos i feel this way :(

I am waiting for my 3rd fill on monday and i hope it will help me, When the surgeon told me a small % it wont work for, i knew it would be me who wouldnt loose much :(

Emma I wish I had advice for you but I don't, not being a bander. So I just wan to send huge hugs. I hope the third fill makes a big difference for you honey. xxx

em nooo your not a failure!! such a horrible horrible word, your trying your very dam best thats all you can do sweetpea, if you are in that percentage then when you speak to your surgeon ask about a bypass?,,,, when i saw my doc he said to me he wanted me to choose the best op so i wasnt sat in front of him in a years time cos i had the wrong op, dont feel down hearted and your defiantly NOT a failure..... im sending hugs xxx

OK you have ,not had that many fills yet. It took me the whole first year before I could feel a decent restriction.
Speaking from my own experience, my weight did not budge until I put myself on the right calorie allowance and started exercising more ..eg one hour a day.
Tell your team your fears and try bringing a food journal with you to your next appointment. Show them what you are honestly eating and ask them what they suggest and explain to them that you feel you are failing.
They WANT you to succeed and unless they know exactly what you are doing at the moment , they cannot really help you. You have to keep on at them armed with some facts like what activity you do daily and how much and how often you eat.
I expect then they can adjust the band or suggest some things regarding your diet and this may kick start the loss for you and help you see some results for your effort.
Don't write it off and don't give up on your own capabilities.
Get as much as you can done by the team to help you succeed and do not feel that it won't work. It does work if you are using it to it's max benefit.
Love and good luck from me x

Its okay Emm, I feel your frustations.

I have not lost anything for ages, I am doing all the right things, exercising and eating the right balance but nowt has shifted in 4 months since last fill, even though I have good restrisction.

I am getting peed off too, it seems like I am stuck at this weight now.

I am two years out and still no where near goal.

I am going to have a long hard chat with consultant at next fill in November.

How frustrating for you, im not sure about the band as im waiting a bypass but a teacher at school managed to put weight on with the band untill she got her mind focused. She was 23 stone and now is a size 12. She told me she was drinking mac donalds milk shakes all day every day after her op because they are liquids, which they are but they are full of fat and sugar. She made herself ill with it, but then with the right advise and right mind she started losing weight and looks apsolutely amazing. Keep it up x

Thanks everyone, ive just really had enough now, my last fill was 1/2ml which isnt much at all, and the next one is going to be a small one too,

Its a vicious circle :(
I will openinly admit that when im feeling down about it all i will easily have a naughty chocolate .. yes naughty iknow but least im admitting it.

i know im not eating half as much as i was 8 mths ago, but i would have thought i would have better and noticable results showing my now, I feel totally rubbish and cba with trying any more. yes before someone says thats the wrong attitude .... i know it is.

Think the saying is stuck in a rut :(

Aww Em I wish I could help (HUGS) I hope you get some help from your providers soon. Try and stay a bit positive hun, dont give up X

Back