• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i am not having a good time

I;ve been feeling really crap the past few days, stuggling to eat, running a temp, havig pain just above my pelvic bone when i pee, huge pain all the way up one side when i lift my left leg and just generally feeling miserable...

and to top it off.... i have developed an alergic reaction to calpol 6+.. how lame is that!!!

hurmpf.... im fed up... how i long for the days when i can lay on my side!

.x.

It may be a bladder infection. Phone NHS direct for advice or go to your GP tomorrow.

Are Bypasser allowed soluble paracetamol? If yes GP may suggest them.

NHS Direct have a Self-Help-Guide online that may help.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/index.aspx

Last edited:
awww, sorry you're feeling poorly and having lots of pain...someone will be along very soon that may have some good advice...better than me at least !

:patback: Red xx

Hang in there honey i promise it gets better it,ll not help you,ll still be full off traped air i remember it well x x x i found a hot water bottle helped x x x sarah x

i had my op last tues.
im not running a temp all the time, just sometimes
thanks for all the help and kind words guys

.x.

your symptoms sound like a classic infection, go to the gp take a water sample if possible and it will be sorted soon.

liz x

i suffered everything you are after my op except the temp if it carries on please see your gp as you might have a bit off a infection in one of your wounds but the pains i had were due to all the traped air in my bowels i hope this helps x x sarah

I agree with Liz - it does sound very much like you are cooking an infection. Take your urine sample to GP in morning and nip this in the bud before it causes anything too serious.

Sending hugs with fairy dust to make you feel better

I agree with awaistplan Becca. If you are running a temp so soon after surgery as well as being in horrible pain, if I were you I would be going to the Doc. You really don't want to take any chances.

Yeah, being allergic to calpol is not rock and roll at all! A shame as the paracetamol would bring temp down. However, having a temp is yr body's way of trying to burn out an infection, I really would be going to Docs ASAP. Phone NHS Direct.
Lots of Lv
Jen x

i will see how i go tonight, and how i feel in the morning, and if im still not right, then ill go to the docs... its not unusual for my temp to be a little high, and its only been up to 37.9 which is still not a big issue i dont think :S

i reaaaaally hope its nothing!
.x.

ps. its hard for me to get things for infections, as im allergic to penacilin!

I would go to the Dr as high temperature could imply infection.You do not want to take any chances.

Li

I would ditto the above...at least ring NHS direct so that they can advise medically....even if you only have a temp sometimes.

I do wish you well soon though...take care.

~X~

Last edited:
i will see how i go tonight, and how i feel in the morning, and if im still not right, then ill go to the docs... its not unusual for my temp to be a little high, and its only been up to 37.9 which is still not a big issue i dont think :S

i reaaaaally hope its nothing!
.x.

ps. its hard for me to get things for infections, as im allergic to penacilin!

I too am allergic to penicillin and know very well the dangers...However, there are other antibiotics that doctors can give you...like Erythromycin.

Don't worry just always make sure you let clinicians know of your allergy.

All the best........Take Care

~X~

Hi
I would advise to go to the docs ,i had a water infection a week after my op,they said it was could have been from the cathetor,i was also running a temp which again this is a good indication of a water infection.

As for lying on your side,i find if i lay on my side with a pillow under my tummy it doesnt hurt so much.

Hope you feel better soon.

xx

ir0x did you call your doc?

I hope your feeling better but I agree with everyone else, you should speak to either the hozzie where you had the op or your gp.

Let us know how your getting on hun ok Xx

Back