• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am now a proper bandit! :)

Purple Sparkle

Hi everyone

Back home now after being banded yesterday and I am feeling ok. Bit sore, dry mouth and a bit of trapped wind in my shoulder, but had a couple of hours rest and now pottering around.

For those of you on milk and yoghurt diet, stick to it - it so worth it, surgeon said my liver had shrunk lovely and it saved him having to rummage around too much which means less internal bruising so I shouldn't be too sore. At the minute my stomach just feels a bit tight, like I have done lots of sit ups - lol!

Thanks to everyone for their support and I can't wait to get started on the next chapter of me! :)

Justine xx

Hi everyone

Back home now after being banded yesterday and I am feeling ok. Bit sore, dry mouth and a bit of trapped wind in my shoulder, but had a couple of hours rest and now pottering around.

For those of you on milk and yoghurt diet, stick to it - it so worth it, surgeon said my liver had shrunk lovely and it saved him having to rummage around too much which means less internal bruising so I shouldn't be too sore. At the minute my stomach just feels a bit tight, like I have done lots of sit ups - lol!

Thanks to everyone for their support and I can't wait to get started on the next chapter of me! :)

Justine xx

Fantastic news, well done you, here's to our new beginnings!

Great girl. Good luck in your new journey.

Hi everyone

Justine xx

Congratulations! Sounds just like my discomfort, and the reasoning for it. I think I should not right a diary, and just keep an eye on yours!

Leila x

Sounds like a great start!! How long did you do the pre op sort for?! X

Well done you!
Ive been following you and you make me feel really reassured it will all be ok

Ice x

Hi everyone

Justine xx

Well done, I am so pleased to read this, I was reading your pre op post and was wondering how you were doing ...... I can't wait to be a post op too and join you on the losers bench, xx

Sounds like a great start!! How long did you do the pre op sort for?! X

Hi NT :)

I did the pre-op for 10 days - I can't say it was easy, but it was very worthwhile - I don't feel bruised at all and I am in no pain from the surgery.

Are you on a pre-op diet now? How is it going?

Justine x

Well done you!
Ive been following you and you make me feel really reassured it will all be ok

Ice x

Thank Ice :)

Are you being banded soon?

Justine x

Well done, I am so pleased to read this, I was reading your pre op post and was wondering how you were doing ...... I can't wait to be a post op too and join you on the losers bench, xx

Hi Mia - thanks for your post :)

Are you due for surgery soon? Will look forward to seeing you on the bench!

Justine x

Hi Justine

I have my consultation on the 5th July.....EEEK!
Scary stuff hey .. but the start to a new life! I am apprehensive and excited about it all and i will keep you all posted and no doubt ask lots of questions in the mean time

Ice x

My consultation is a week today then surgery very soon after if I'm lucky..

Hi Mia

Let us know how you get on at your consultation - I went with a huge list of questions written down, but the lady I saw was very good and explained everything so clearly, that by the time she had finished I had nothing left to ask!

Good luck :)

Justine x

Hi Justine

I have my consultation on the 5th July.....EEEK!
Scary stuff hey .. but the start to a new life! I am apprehensive and excited about it all and i will keep you all posted and no doubt ask lots of questions in the mean time

Ice x

Hi Karen

5th of July will be here before you know it!

I was exactly the same, excited, giddy, apprehensive, nervous - it can be a bit of a roller coaster! And ask as many questions as you can - I did - and the lovely people on here are so helpful - I don't think I could have been any better prepared.

Justine x

How are you getting on?

i am being banded on the 9th June and have been on the pre-op milk diet since last Tuesday. So far so good, there have been moments when it's been hard but overall not too bad an exerperiance.

x

How are you getting on?

i am being banded on the 9th June and have been on the pre-op milk diet since last Tuesday. So far so good, there have been moments when it's been hard but overall not too bad an exerperiance.

x

Hi NT

I am doing well thanks - I know the milk diet is hard, but stick with it - it is worth it. Bet you are counting down the days til Sunday.

Have been having slim fast shakes, soups, custard and yoghurts and all have been going down fine. Spoke with my provider today and they are happy for me to move onto really sloppy food tomorrow, so looking forward to some weetabix for breakfast and scrambled eggs later in the day :)

Have been out in the sunshine today for a nice walk, managed about and mile and half - was really warm out there today. Plan to walk every day whilst I am off. Am off all painkillers now and just waiting for my staples to be taken out on Thursday. Can't wait as they are starting to itch as the swelling goes down. I can't believe that my op was only last week - it seems like ages ago!

Good luck for the weekend - keep in touch and let me know how next few days of your pre op diet goes.

Justine x

I am indeed counting the days, it's coming round so fast x

Back