• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I cant' believe what has just happened, sods bloody law

vanilla-cupcake

Hi everyone,

I have my surgery on Saturday in Bromsgrove and fly home on Sunday evening to N.I

My husband is in the process of adopting my son, it has taken well over a year because of my ex (who hasn't seen my son in over 5 years) it should normally take 12 weeks, anyway we are waiting for a date for the adoption and the social worker continues to come out and see us every 4 weeks (procedure)!!

The Guradian from the courts has just phoned to say the adoption is on Monday, I couldn't believe it, of all bloody days to be happening its the day after I come home, I had to explain to her what was happening to me over the weekend (no-one else knows) and she was a bit taken aback as she doesn't see me as being overweight enough to need surgery (so she says) The courts close for the summer so it has now been put off until September, Im absolutely gutted, I cant believe it, we were so looking forward to gettin it behind us and getting on with life without my monster ex being involved :mad:

I asked her should I go ahead with it on Monday but she doesn't recommend it incase I am sick etc, the courts wont look too kindly on me not turning up if Monday is given the go-ahead

I just cannot believe this, im in really bad form now and cant get speaking to my hubby til 7 tonight as he is away in a meeting all day....gutted

Would you believe it what a shame Margaret you must be devastated however you have your op ahead and must concentrate on that good luck and sorry about the adoption

Jay xx

Aw Kate that's a real bummer :sigh:

the thing is, if you'd tried to re arrange your surgery date, you may have lost money on it.

hope all goes well for you :hug99:

Hi there Kate

Yep this is definitely sods law!

I have no advice I can offer...the courts should be sympathetic to your cause after all if you did not know when the hearing would be you could have been on holiday abroad or something.

I do hope that all goes well for you with your op.

Good luck.

~hugs~

OOps sorry Kate and Margaret for mixing you both up, no sherry, cant even use that as an excuse must have been an 'intellectual interlude' lol, well sounds better than a senior moment doesnt it xx

Jay xx

Jay, sorry to hear all that - timing is a nightmare! why is it that everything always comes at once? Still, looking forward, you will be fit and healthy and able to cope with the courts in September, so keep your head up and be strong. Take care. x x x

Hi Kate
Sorry to hear your son's adoption has to be delayed but don't worry i'm adopted myself and i'd have waited a lifetime for my adoptive parents and they are/were amazing and i was so lucky. I'm sure your son (if hes old enough to understand) will also be ok with waiting. You have your op and get yourself well and September will come along quickly. Good luck with everything xx

Back