• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i ask if anyone knows of/has morphea of the breast advice needed

moonflower

Please can anyone help I'm at my wits ends and cant stop crying

My mum has this condition and her breast well whats left a rock hard sore lump, is tearing away from the chest and is ouzzing out she has had anti-biotics. She also has a few lesions all over.

Its a very rare condition and she has been told that it needs to come off but years ago she was also told that this was not poss due to no viable tissue (think madonna's cone shaped bra ) There have only been a few cases in the last few years she even has been used as case studies and even has her booby all over the net.

I cant seem to calm her down which is now making me a nervous wreck. She is in so much pain but wont take morphine only paracetamols

Anyone's advice on any level greatly appreciated

She's even booked app's to move all the grandkids accounts and redo her will. She said she needs to get everything in order. I think she thinks this isnt going to be good.

thanks

xx

Sorry know this prob isnt the right place but i come on here lots

xx

Oh Allie, you sound awfully worried. Ive never heard of this condition but it doesnt sound pleasant at all.

Perhaps you could call her doctor. If she is refusing pain relief then maybe a chat with her GP might persuade her to take it.

So sorry to hear of your Mums problem. It really sounds painful, Ive never heard of the condition either. Maybe she is frightened of taking the morphine as I think a lot of people are scared of getting addicted?
Sorry I cant help in any practical way but I hope she gets some relief from the pain soon ..... you might feel better then too X

Thanks both of you

thought it would be shot in the dark

xx

Hey Allie,
I am very sorry to hear about your Mum's diagnosis.
Morphea is a skin condition that can lead to thickening of skin tissue called collagen (like scar tissue).
There are typically 3 different types.
It is quite common in children, but also more common in women than men.
It is typically more dis-figuring than life-threatening: it can look unsightly but usually does not cause long-term risks.
It is not known to cause an increased death/cancer risk.
'Standard' treatments are often ineffective, but antibiotics and topical treatments can be presrcibed.
That said, I'm no expert, but perhaps a trip to a dermatologist would be a good idea?
Hope all goes well, please do not worry about your Mum xxx

Last edited:
Oh Allie, you must be going out your mind with worry xxx

I think giving your moms gp might be a good idea, the only thing is that unless your mom is there to give consent (if she hasn't already) then he won't be able to give specifics only probably a generalisation of what if's/buts!! This may help put your mind at risk though.

It can't be easy but i think upsetting as it is, try and support your mom with her plans to get wills and things changed. If it gives her some peace of mind then it can only be a good thing, however hard it is.

I hope this all has a happy ending for you and your family and will say prayers for you all in church on Sunday xx

Thanks all

angie mum's been going regularly as her underside has lifted now the top and side are coming away. she had four lots of anti-bi's and told that they wont help anymore.
She got it through radiation after cancer which is very rare. If you want to see it just google it it brings mum up as the pic but its alot more solid and veiny now, as that was a couple years ago

We've been into town today and sorted the kids accounts she's alot happier about that now.

She's awaiting the consultant app with the only option to remove it

Thanks again think I was having a real downer yesterday I'm the only one out of the three of us who see's and keeps in daily contact with her, my sis lives up north and you no what brothers are like

xx

Well I read the paper...looks pretty painful...what can I say, except sometimes life is so bl***y unfair...to go through breast cancer and survive, to then develop a very rare complication from the radiotherapy......it totally sucks. I really do hope her appointment with the consultant goes well...

You don't need to apologise about having a bad day either...it sounds like you provide a lot of emotional support to your Mum, but occasionally you might need some yourself too!

Thanks Angie

xx

Back