• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Have Funding... Woot!

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
Woot! I got my funding through after only 3 weeks! Now I have months and months of NHS waiting lists to go!

I had honestly convinced myself that I wouldn't possibly get the funding. It wasn't just that Calderdale have extra requirements above and beyond the NICE guidelines. I thoroughly believe it was a type of defence mechanism (Psychology student here!) as I have experienced enough disappointment for one life time!

But anyway... go Calderdale PCT!

:clap: great news, congratulations!

congratulations x

wow hun - thats a very quick decision on funding.

Congratulations x

Congratulations!!!!! Look forward to hearing about the rest of your appts and then the op in due course!

Brillient news, you will soon be a loser :)

Excellent news pandora hope they are as nice to me! My GP has just sent off to calderale pct after doing some blood tests and I am hoping they get back to me as quick! did you receive a letter or phonecall? Fingers crossed they say the same to me xx

woo hoo way to go xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tazwoz, I recieved a letter directly from the consultants who made the decision. They had the meeting on the 2nd February, sent the letter on the 4th February, and got it in my letter box on the 6th February.
From what they said they hold their 'non-essential surgery' meetings at the beginning of the month, so I am guessing you should hear something around the start of March.
I now have an appointment to see a Dr Ainsley at Huddersfield Infirmary on the 4th March. Me thinks there maybe a catch after the meeting, because it all seams to be happening in quick succession. From what I have read about people’s experiences I was expecting to be waiting months on end to see someone, never mind get around to the surgery. I have a feeling that after the meeting there will be a barrage of tests which will take months to complete before the operation is booked.
I am somewhat of a control freak and I really hate not knowing what is happening and what will be expected of me!

well done hun ... yea i only waited 3 weeks for my funding too .. and i got a choice of 3 hospitals to pic from so i was lucky to be able to call around and find the shortest waiting lists .. but good luck hun wont be long now ....

Back