• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I made it!

pooh71

Hi all
I came out of sunderland hospital on Thursday after having my sleeve on Tuesday morning. Was such a relief to get through it ( I'm not good with anaesthetic) although I have got a chest infection for which I'm on antibiotics. I can cope with that though! :)

I'm feeling positive and I'm eating my purée fine and strangely enjoying the flavours. Not hungry at all, just ruled by the clock when to eat but would feel I missed something if I didn't have my lunch or tea etc! I suppose that's habit if wanting something to eat.

I've not eaten till I'm full yet. Just eaten what I think looks enough which is more than i thought! Scared to pop my staples!

Still very tired and bruises are really starting to show now. Going to take next week off work with a view to starting back the following Monday.

I wasn't told about any calorie intake per day or protein values, it just seems to be eat three or four times a day varied diet that is protein led. Seems that a lot of people on here are given calorie intake etc. also been told to take an a-z vitamin, so on centrium. Managing that fine. My nails are better now than before the op! :)

and oh god....how my stitches are itching!! Anyone else get that?

So here it starts. Looking forward to sharing my journey, and following all of yours too. Here's to being thinner and more importantly healthier! ( oh and probably a bit saggier! Lol) :) xxxx

Well done hun glad all went well hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Hi I have just come out of Sunderland. We saw a dietician. They said don't focus on portion shakes etc just trying to keep it down. But stressed protein puréed was needed. Give them a call as you should have seen the dietician. We had separate groups for those who were having a bypass and those who had a sleeve as the diet differs I think. My nails are fab too? Think its what they put in the drips! Hope you recover soon x

Hope all goes well. Protein first then veg then lastly carbs thin I remember 70g. Ring hospital hune. Good luck! Keep us all posted.

Hi, thanks all. I did see a dietician. It was just as you say....eat protein first, veg next and carb last, several times a day. It's just I've read some posts on here where people have xx amount of protein to eat and 800 calories a day. She didn't mention nothing like that. I suppose as long as I eat those three meals and vary the diet I'll be fine. I've been having porridge watered down with milk for brekkie, soup for lunch ( blended if chunky), and then just a meal with protein veg and carb in, all blitzed with gravy. I like the m&s ready meals. One small one is lasting two days. Then I'll have a petit filous. Tried half a banana today mashed in my porridge. I think I'm doing okay.
I'll just carry on as I am as I feel good apart from the tiredness, bowels working fine too ;) haha

No idea what the nails thing is Borogirl...I've always had really peely/breaky nails, and they are string as anything now! Hope they stay :)

Well done an congrats on your surgery pooh :) x

Glad it's all going well xx

Back