• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I made it!

purpleprincess29

I can't believe I've made it and lost over 100lbs, I think it's happened so quickly my brain hasn't quite caught up yet.

The 100lbs have changed my life in so many ways I never thought possible.

• I've met a new man who is so gorgeous, kind, supportive and quite simply makes my legs turn to jelly everytime I look at him.
  • I can run! Yesterday I ran for 15 mins continuously on the treadmill. A few months ago I could only walk for 5 mins on the treadmill.
  • I can turn heads...yes men look now!
  • I've gone from a size 26-28 to a 14-16 and love clothes.
There are so many other benefits but 100lbs has sure made a difference, not much more to go now.

It's a journey I'm so glad I have made and never been happier.

Wow, that is fantastic, and in such a short time too!!! What sort of things are you eating hun? Just after some guidelines as I am 11 weeks out, and struggling a bit xxxx

Ah, what a lovely story Melanie! Congrats and long may your legs feel like jelly! ;)

Melanie, what a fantastic positive thread.... so glad you feel so much better and so happy!

100lbs is a fantastic loss and well done!

Love and hugs xxx

Absolutely brilliant, well done you, you have work hard for that and it paid off. xxxx:)

wow thats brilliant...wel done luv xxx

well done!

It must be surreal to have lost so much weigh.

OMG you only had surgery like the day before yesterday :)

Absolutely awesome Mel, you sound like you are really living life! What do you put your fantastic loss down too? Apart from the bypass that is... Do you eat okay? Obviously you are exercising, 15 minutes running is fabulous...

Well done xx

That is an amazing loss and so fast. Wow!

I can't believe I've made it and lost over 100lbs, I think it's happened so quickly my brain hasn't quite caught up yet.

The 100lbs have changed my life in so many ways I never thought possible.

• I've met a new man who is so gorgeous, kind, supportive and quite simply makes my legs turn to jelly everytime I look at him.
  • I can run! Yesterday I ran for 15 mins continuously on the treadmill. A few months ago I could only walk for 5 mins on the treadmill.
  • I can turn heads...yes men look now!
  • I've gone from a size 26-28 to a 14-16 and love clothes.
There are so many other benefits but 100lbs has sure made a difference, not much more to go now.

It's a journey I'm so glad I have made and never been happier.

Well done you have done so well. I wish you and your new man every happiness.

Linski xxx:553:

Thank You

Such kind and positive comments...Thank you all.

It's been an amazing journey and knowing I got less than two stone to go makes me want to cry everytime I think about it and look at myself in the mirror.

I'm walking round in leggings, tight tops and high heels which I never thought possible.

I think I have lost the weight exceptionally fast, far quicker than I anticipated even. My head hasn't quite caught up with the fact that this is really me and have to do a reality check that I can walk into any shop I like and find clothes to fit.

No real secret as to why the weight is coming off so steady. Food wise, a typical day is this:

Boiled Egg or Omelette for breakfast (although sometimes I'm naughty and skip breakfast)

In a hurry I'll grab a Dairylea Lunchable crackers, ham and cheese. Or a fillet of salmon with a little mash potato.

Evening meal I may have some chilli con carne or shepherds pie and a yoghurt.

Don't have ANY Bread, Pasta or Rice and have not even dared to try anything sweet or naughty. I don't think I'm a dumper but haven't pushed it to find out.

Sounds like a lot but portion wise is still very small, my new fella reckons I'm a cheap date cause we went out for dinner and my "meal" came to £3.50 lol.

Sometimes I'm sick, but it's now every couple of weeks as opposed to every other day. I know when to stop now and what foods work.

Exercise...I never thought I'd become a fitness junkie, but my weekly routine is 2 hours in the gym three times a week, and a dance class thrown in too. I love it...I love jogging, cycling, dancing...because I can. I'm so determined and looking at my ass shrinking each time I look in the mirrors in the gym makes it all worth it.

Inches wise I've lost from my Arms, Bust, Waist, Hips, Thighs a total of Four and a Half Foot! Which the gym has definitely helped.

As for the new fella, well he's the best looking Squaddie the British Army has to offer as far as I'm concerned.

Sean%20AND%20Mel.jpg

This time last year I was being assaulted by my waster of an ex husband, down-trodden and bullied, my bypass has given me ooodles of confidence and I now stand proud with my head held high and know that no one will ever make me feel like that again.

I know I sound like an advertisement for Gastric Bypasses and Soldiers...but both have changed my life for the better.

Keep at it ladies (and Gents), post-op or pre-op stick with it, it's a tough ride but so worth it!

I'm not the same person I was...I've got my life back:
Mel%20Face.jpg

:)Fab post & photos-very inspiring:)

So pleased you are in such a good place in all areas of life:)

What a lovely post. Its brought a tear to my eye. I go into hospital tomorrow for my op so I'm on that emotional roller-coaster!!!

Seriously though, its fantastic to hear that you journey has been such a success its inspirational, motivating & just plain nice!!

You make a lovely couple & you look absolutely gorgeous!!

Take care & enjoy.... ;)

Back