• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i need to eat more

vonny

Been to see my local dietician today, as the ones from the Homerton never reply to messages that i've left. I was seeing her prior to the surgery so she knows me quiet well and was shocked at how much i'd lost since i last saw her.
She asked me what i was eating and roughly how much when i told her she said i wasn't getting nearly enough calories and that i had to somehow increase this but didnt say how to, obviously i cant eat bigger portions as i struggle with the amounts i am having and i still have to remind myself to eat. just wondered if anyone her can give me some advice, she reckons in getting about 500 cals a day.
Here's a sample of what i'm eating.
Breakfast: 3-4 spoons of cereal with milk
Lunch: half a wrap with either chicken or tuna and salad
Dinner: small piece of chicken or fish with one boiled potato and some veg.
snacks: apple, banana or orange (i have one throughout the day) and some nuts
I also drink diet vimto (still), milk or flavoured water

thanks in advance for all your help and support xxx

I suppose one of the easiest ways is to increase the milk intake? Perhaps you could add a little slim fast powder in just to bump up the calories? I'm sure someone will sort you out in here! X

Hi Vonny i think your eating the same as me.
1/2 weetabix with milk
cup a soup
small amount fish/meat with veg
1/2 weetabix with milk for supper.
i drink lots of water and buckets of coffee.

thank you both i cant tolerate slim fast so thats out.
Glad im not the only eating like this dolly, i see you had your surgery a few days before me so must be doing it right lol. Have read someone else hows had this surgery and they are eating way more than me and only had the surgery last month i guess each surgeon makes the pouch a different size. How is your weight going? im 5 stone down now xxx

Vonny although the weight loss is good/great you have to realise you have to up your protein or you will be losing muscle and not fat...

For a start if you can switch the cereal for egg/bacon and still have the drink of milk either before or after eating.

Lose the wrap just have the filling with a bit more protein to replace the unnecessary carbs.

For your evening meal you also don't need the potato, have more protein instead!

As for snacks, although 5 a day is a gov't recommendation until you can eat bigger portions you should be making your snacks protein based, e.g dairylea light triangles, babybel lights, nuts, even nibbling on bits of cooked meats such as ham/chicken...

So many post oppers think meals have to have carbs in and believe me they don't. Your first and main priority is protein. Once you've eaten that then go for veg. If you still have room then go look for some more protein!!!

My weight is going ok i didn't lose anything for 3 weeks and then lost 1/2 st last week am almost 5st off since my opp. i can eat alot more than i do eat, but have been told my sleeve is alot bigger than most. it is a hard journey.xx

thanks for that i was told by the docs the other week to keep the carbs as my kidneys arent functioning too well at the moment will try some of the other suggestions thanks xxx

i've just stocked up the fridge with loads of protein foods that i can eat have got ham, chicken, sweet cured pork and roast beef, plus cheese. Im hoping by having it in there i will grab it to snack on during the day/evening also my peanut butter and banana shake should up it a bit
thanksr.gif
all again your a great support xxx

Good luck Vonny xx

Good luck hunnie, by the sounds of things ur gonna crack this.

It's all a learning curve that puts ya brain in a mash, but we will all get there in the end, and some great advice given on the post that I'll be following in the next few months.

Well done on your wl 5stone is amazing xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back