• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I never thought I would ask this question

Josiegirl

I never thought I would be asking this question but after reading everyone's fantastic weight loss stories I feel so inspired and feel that there is hope for me yet, but need to ask, what happens when you reach your goal weight and start to go under the weight you want? What do you do to stop losing weight?

I should be so lucky that ever happening to me but just curious :)

Within 18/24 months your body should of found its own level.You would have to have something very wrong or not be eating properly to become seriously underweight.Expect to have lost approx 60/70% of your excess weight ie if you needed to lose 100lb you could expect to lose 60/70lb.You pouch will stretch in time so dont push it and overload.It can go from 2oz capacity to back to near normal!So undoing all you have been through!Also you can eat full fat food to keep your weight healthy.Ask Shellbel,the font of all knowledge on this subject! lol Maz x

Someone called? I posted on another thread about this yesterday, so will just copy and paste ;)

For most people your body levels off after 18 months - 2 years, hopefully at the weight you want to be. For some it happens sooner and/or they don't reach their goal and have to use conventional diets and exercise on top of the bypass to reach it. For others like me it's the other side of the coin where the malabsorption is so severe that I have to constantly work at not losing more weight by eating high cal high fat foods, grazing and drinking with meals etc to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have maintained for 5 months now... my body is determined not to let me drop the other 10lbs that I need, but hey I am certainly not disappointed with staying where I am but didn't expect to stop losing at 5 months out of surgery. x

BTW I lost 4 1/2 stone pre op so that might have had something to do with it. x

really useful information on here girls! thanks so much. it all helps us pre oppers gain a better understanding of what to expect :) xxx

i feel the same, i dont want to be super skinny, but at the same time i dont want it to bite my bum and gain it back -_- i hope god is with me as well as everyone else through our journeys

Back