• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think my band has slipped

Duchess_wobbles

As some of you know I was a stupid cow and had some bread I thought "well you havent had a fill yet, and are hungry, so the weightloss doesnt really get started until the fills"

Huge mistake I know, horrific when I told my consultant - she was pretty mad. Said i could have ripped my stitches out. I didnt feel pain during it just discomfort.

So all week long Ive been feeling rubbish and fretting, then I got a checkup call from the group. I told them what had happened + they said the same but on the positive side 1 mistake prob wont have done damage + if the band had slipped I would be in pain,vomiting,+ unable to get liquids down.
I felt slightly better.

Surely this must happen often with people with food issues, I cant be the first, so wouldnt they double stitch or something or use really strong thread to counteract

I have still been having pain when i twist a certain way - but its only a week or so since surgery - and Id been having this pain before the bread incident.

But for the last few days at my big high scar - where the port is i can feel lumps. Its a little swollen too.

Im not sure if it is the band I feel??
is it even possible to feel the band?
Could the band have slipped and thats what I feel?
Is it the port that I feel?

My man thinks it could be because Ive lost a stone, so maybe its just noticeable because of that, with the area sagging a little?

Any thoughts are welcome, even if you think I have broken the band.

I wish I had never done it, but also that I hadnt told them because now if there is a problem they will tell me where to go.

Part of me wants to ring the surgeon, the stress is driving me mad. I have an appt with the dietican in 2 weeks, then its another 4 weeks until I get my first fill - during which if it has slipped we will see it on the xray.
I think i will go mental waiting that long to find out.. Sorry for such a long post.

Calm down babe...I very very much doubt you have done anything to the band....to answer your questions

I'm not sure if it is the band I feel?? you cant feel the bad from the outside check out my x-rays I will bump the thread and you will see its deep inside you

is it even possible to feel the band? see above

Could the band have slipped and thats what I feel?As you don't have any of the symptoms of band slippage I again very much doubt its slippage

Is it the port that I feel? I agree its extremely likely its the port you can feel under the skin I tried to explain to my mate on the phone it feels a bit like a walnut shell buried about an inch under the skin its sort of bumpy and smooth and about that size. It will hurt if you prod it as thats the biggest wound and it still seen by your body as a foreign object but that goes as the body heals.

I'm a month post op today and I still get painful twinges when I twist sometimes or when I bend over and straighten up or lift things, my nurse said this is just the muscles healing as they go under the stomach muscle to put everything in place and that has t heal up too.

When you feel you can give them another rig and I'm sure they will put your mind at rest take care and shout again if it all gets too much xxxxx

Hi I cant comment as I had bypass but did not want to read and run chick...I would however suggest your still sore in side from surgery and the bread my have aggravated it, but I am no expert on this....try not to worry too much because the stress will also aggravate your stomach....I am sure someone will be along soon to give proper advice...xx

bumped the xray thread for you xx

i really dont think your band will of slipped, you made 1 mistake as many other people before you have including myself, you wont be the 1st and deffinatley not the last to do this, its still early days after surgery and you will still feel uncomfy, the port is what you will be able to feel and it takes the longest to heal/settle, please do not worry as im sure your fine from what your discribing.

liz x

Hi, Don't panic, you are still very newly banded. I would suggest that you accept your mistake and don't do it again. some people can eat bread with a band but it's still very early days for you and I wonder of you should be having solids yet anyway.

as for not losing weight until after a fill, in my experience the early days are the best opportunity for weight loss. Your stomach is soo swollen from the op, that you have restriction anyway, some surgeons put a small fill in during surgery, did yours? I lost a lot of weight in first month or so.

To reassure you, I've had a slipped band and you would know about it...the pain is terrible! the pain your experiencing sounds like just normal healing, always remember you have just had major surgery and that will take time to heal!! Take care x

Duchess you need to calm yourself down over this or you're going to make yourself ill with worry. I can't add anything to what Wanda and Liz have already said but really just want to tell you to chill out and start enjoying your band and the new life its going to give you if you both work together. Take care xxGaynorxx

Hi dont worry i can feel my port under skin really sensitive if i bend or twist it feels like it catches slightly its just that everything is settling down i had mine just over 2 weeks ago feels like they put a pace maker in by mistake lol you will be fine .

Back