• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I may be finally falling in love with my band.....well just a little bit

mum21baba

Hi all,
As many of you have probably read I have had lots of regrets about choosing the gastric band over the sleeve. I have managed to put on a stone since my surgery in February and was beginning to fall back into my old eating habits again. I had my first fill at the end of March under X ray, so I had 7ml in 14ml band. I had very little restriction and could eat bread, pasta rice etc. I have had to wait quite a while for a second fill as my provider does all fills under x ray. So today i went for my second fill. The band was still in perfect place etc. which was a relief (i was worried that i might have no restriction because it had slipped etc.). The gent put in 2mls and i drank the barium swallow but he said that the band was to tight. He withdrew 0.5mls so I now have 8.5mls in a 14ml band. At first I was a bit disappointed as i thought he hadn't made much difference but i just tried an omlette and could only eat a quarter which is a massive deal to me. I think I may finally be on the right track :)

Glad to hear you now have the right amount of restriction and are starting to like your band !!

Altho I have had the sleeve when I eat a certain amount of (soft) food, I start to feel restriction / tightness ..... it actually feels like my new sleeved stomach has a band round it going all the way down.

For me, that is my first cue that I am very nearly full up, the next is burpies (!).

mum21baba said:
Hi all,
As many of you have probably read I have had lots of regrets about choosing the gastric band over the sleeve. I have managed to put on a stone since my surgery in February and was beginning to fall back into my old eating habits again. I had my first fill at the end of March under X ray, so I had 7ml in 14ml band. I had very little restriction and could eat bread, pasta rice etc. I have had to wait quite a while for a second fill as my provider does all fills under x ray. So today i went for my second fill. The band was still in perfect place etc. which was a relief (i was worried that i might have no restriction because it had slipped etc.). The gent put in 2mls and i drank the barium swallow but he said that the band was to tight. He withdrew 0.5mls so I now have 8.5mls in a 14ml band. At first I was a bit disappointed as i thought he hadn't made much difference but i just tried an omlette and could only eat a quarter which is a massive deal to me. I think I may finally be on the right track :)

That's great news and only the start! Trust me you will slowly love it more each day ...aaah! :) at least you're lucky in that they seem pretty heavy handed on the fills, most only add in .5 or 1ml quantities...so go steady as I head a 2ml at your stage and on solids it really woke me up to my band :)

Yeah I am lucky, they do all fills via Xray. Its good that I know theres no problems etc but I do have to wait quite a long time inbetween fills because of the radiation etc.

Back