• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ice Cream

Mrs Quiggle

With a bypass, when can we have ice cream again. Would it count as liquid as it's melted when it goes down. Only I had an ice cream maker last Christmas and using custard (sugar free, using splenda) and cocoa powder I can make the most delicious chocolate ice cream, or pureed fruit stirred into fat free natural yogurt and turned into yogurt ice is gorgeous.

Just wondered. :giggle:

Kate x

As long as its sugar free and low fat anytime really.Weightwatchers new frozen dessert is only 44 cals for two scoops!

I've found that I can eat some icecream without dumping, as long as it's not a chocolate or caramel one. But it tastes so fatty to me now that I much prefer frozen yoghurt.

Frozen yogurt is gorgeous isn't it. It's so easy to make too. Just a pot of virtually fat free natural yogurt, a punnet of strawberries whizzed in the liquidiser and a bit of splender to taste and then bung it in the ice cream maker. Fabulous! Fat free and sugar free, full of calcium and vitamins.

Hi All

Please be careful with ice cream.

I am two years post op and If I eat more than a table spoon full of ice creams i'm in dumpsville. I cant eat a magnum unless its the mini ones from iceland and even then I cant finish it.

Ive got used to the feeling I get when i'm eating things now. I kno if its gonna make me dump and try n only have a small amount.

So sugar free all the way. Normal ice cream is definitely something to steer well clear off for lots of reasons. :D

Hi All

I am two years post op and If I eat more than a table spoon full of ice creams i'm in dumpsville. I cant eat a magnum unless its the mini ones from iceland and even then I cant finish it.

Ive got used to the feeling I get when i'm eating things now. I kno if its gonna make me dump and try n only have a small amount.

So sugar free all the way. Normal ice cream is definitely something to steer well clear off for lots of reasons. :D

Hi, we are talking about homemade ice cream not brought ice cream as it's very hard to find sugar free ice cream but so easy to make sugar and fat free icecream. ;)

I've noticed Argos have the Kenwood ice cream Maker on at half price (£24.99) so I think I'm going to invest in one. I rarely get as far as having a yoghurt as I get full so quickly but when I can eat a bit more frozen yoghurt is top of my list now !

Hi

I'm loving this ice cream idea, have to see if ww have one also question I'm 6 weeks post op 4st 5lb lighter and on soft fruit diet.

Would satsumas be ok to eat and grapes as they are soft.

Have to say not really craving sweet stuff at mo which am surprised!

Hopefully going to start swimming this week x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi All

Ha!! I dumped on Frankies Diabetic ice cream :( but not Kellys full fat cornish ice cream :rolleyes: Go figure :icecream:
:rotflmao:

i still treat myself occasionally to a little icecream, just not my favourites any more like toffee and caramel etc....and definitely not hagan daz! that brand did not agree with me lol

Back