• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post bypass snacks

Frosty

Right we are at the point where we need to change our diet. which is fairly strange but we all need to eat and to save being sick or dumping ill give a few snack notes that may help.
Note this is from about week 2 to week 6 depending on how your mending. And if you feel your ready for softish foods.
I was ready for softs at 2 weeks but only had a few soft meals untill 4 weeks to make sure. but always ask your doctor if you worried about anything.

These snacks are low fat low cal a little protein soft and easy to digest

Snack one
Crab sticks with a little home made sauce
strip the crab stick down and then chop them to small bit but not mash em up.
Then take a little low fat salad cream and put into a small bowl, And add either some healthey eating tomato sauce or a little tomato puree which ever u like best.
Add a little paprika powder and mix.

After a good mix add the crab sticks bits and eat as a snack to take the edge off hunger.

--------------------------------------------

Snack 2

Tomato mix

Take 2 small tomatos and gut them and add to a bowl, finley chop some lean ham or sandwish turkey and add to the bowl.
1 small onion finly chopped add to bowl.
Grate a little cheese (small grated) and add to bowl.
give it a good mix untill the tomatos are all mixed in and no tomato lumps.
Heat a small pan and add a very little virgin olive oil and add the contents of the bowl and stir untill the cheese is melted and its all heated through.

Serve as it is.

---------------------------------------------

Dry water biscuits

You think these would be a no no . but if you feel peckish eat a few they melt down nicely in your mouth and cause no problem.

You can add cottage cheese with or without chives etc (but dont buy the added pinapple one)

Edam cheese is good or half fat cheese.

Tuna with low fat mayo or vineger also good to have on the biscuits.

------------------------------------------

Keep in mind you must chew everything very well and take your time.
If you cant eat something one day it doesnt mean to will never again, just try it again in a few weeks.

-----------------------------------------

Boil veg is good
Brocoli good for iron same as spinich

Potatoe mash them well you can add a very little low fat marg dont have to much it does lay heavey but its full of GOOD carbs. as a rule we stay away from too many carb foods but mash is ok is small amounts.

ice cream low fat is good

ice pops sugar free eat as many as you like when ever you like . they are good for fluids and make you feel like your eating solids.

------------------------------------

Remeber your tases will change after the operation. something you hated before youmay love after. so try stuff you have not before.

And since we eat alot less . Eat well dont buy crap buy top notch foods .
Buying better means its better for you.

I will try and add more snacks when i get some time. and i will also try and add some recipes for some nice dinners to try that you and your family can enjoy together.

Mark

uglyduck16

Thank you mark!! Some good ideas here...thought i would bump this thread up as it has some good ideas on here ;) :clap:

Alia

Thanks Mark these are really appreciated. I'm 4 weeks post bypass now and am really struggling with what to eat so I'm sticking to the same things day in and day out, slimfast shakes, soups, yoghurts, weetabix, few spoonfuls of baked beans and a tiny amount of mash.

More recipes would be greatly appreciated as I have the imagination of a newt in the kitchen.

phatgirl

Thanks for the ideas Mark! Finding this old thead is like finding buried treasure! Well done.:D