• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back and with great news

Colopatiron

Hi all,
Haven't been around for a while. Been battling to get a date for my surgery. Been all round the houses and finally two years on and after seeing dieticians, psychologist etc, i got a telephone call today offering me a date, wahooo wahoo wahoo the best present EVER, feel like I have won the lottery (may not feel like it on the operating table lol:rolleyes:). I am having my op on 19th April, I am crying and shaking whilst writing this, it has just been soooo long. I had almost started believing that it was never going to happen. HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE XXX

great news hun... its all downhill from here luv. lol

Awesome news! You deserve it.. such a long wait!! x

happy happy happy

xx

Fabulous now, soon to be flab-u-less... You fought hard and didn't quit, good on ya xx

that's great news, especially after such a long wait. I think you and me might have our op around the same time then, as i went on the waiting list 24th jan and got told it's 3 months max.

brill news, sounds like you have a wait and a half. Can only imagine how elated you are x

Nice one mate, I bet you can't wait. But just keep it all in the day and don't go too mad wiv Yr food(I know I could be tempted too lols). And before you know it April will be here. Xxxxxx

Congratulations on getting your date, not long now, it will fly by, Karen x

Life has begun

Thanks everyone, as always the support on here is brilliant. Actually got my letter today confirming it in writing. Suprised the print is still on the paper, must have read it a thousand times. I think everyone who as seen me might think I have lost it cos I have been wandering round with a permanent grin on my face. After waiting so long and thinking it will never happen and then hearing it is only 9 weeks away is just soooo mind blowing. I have to be on the ward at 1.30 in the afternoon, so I am obviously an afternoonie. Wouldn't care if it was 3 am in the morning lol. Have started some serious healthy eating and excercise from today cos I want to be as healthy as I possibly can for it. Was in the swimming pool at 8 am this morning, stuck my nose in the air and strode into the pool like I owned it (despite a couple of titterings from a pair of ladies swimming). Just thought to myself that this would be the very last time I will be this big. I ordered myself some snazzy new jimjams online. No couldn't pluck up the courage to go to a clothes shop. I haven't been in a department store for about 5 years. going out is too physically painful as well as pretty humilating. Still all that will change. The family are going on a big family holiday on 30th September to Menorca. I wasn't originally going but today I added myself to the booking. Life has begun. I know this op is going to be hard and it certainly won't be plain sailing but the wait may have done me a favour because it has made me realise just how privaledged I am to be offered it. I am certainly not going to waste the biggest opportunity ever and am going to give it 200%
Love to all

Im so pleased that you added yourself to the booking, you will have a ball! You will enjoy this holiday like no other Im sure.....well done XX

Back