• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Back!

Bellydancer57

Not been on lately as admitted to hospital after my allergies to Lanprozole then Omneprazole.
Caused all sorts of complications with acid inflammation of my sleeve & as it healed a small stricture appeared at the end of the pouch into the intestines. Upshot was pouch was filling but slow to exit. Was pretty poorly but after gastric swallow & endoscope they did a little stretch ( painless) & home at last.
Able to drink clear fluids so back to stage one but at leat problem sorted.
Always feared complications post surgery but never counted on allergies to be the source.:cry:
Onwards & upwards now hopefully.
Great to be back!:)

aawwhhh you poor thing - have never heard of anyone else on here having allergies like this!
i am so pleased you are now sorted out and are feeling better darlin. take my love xx

Glad things have been sorted for you , but what a thing to have to Ho through . Great to see you back , hope the journey from here on is uncomplicated xx

Glad you're doing better now x

Bellydancer57 said:
Not been on lately as admitted to hospital after my allergies to Lanprozole then Omneprazole.
Caused all sorts of complications with acid inflammation of my sleeve & as it healed a small stricture appeared at the end of the pouch into the intestines. Upshot was pouch was filling but slow to exit. Was pretty poorly but after gastric swallow & endoscope they did a little stretch ( painless) & home at last.
Able to drink clear fluids so back to stage one but at leat problem sorted.
Always feared complications post surgery but never counted on allergies to be the source.:cry:
Onwards & upwards now hopefully.
Great to be back!:)

Hi, glad your ok,
I've got a quick question I'd you don't mind.... I have got to have a stretch and i am totally terrified !!! .. Can you tell me what they do during a stretch ? ... Are you asleep ?

I was awake but sedated. I had an endoscope (camera) put down via my mouth & throat. Apparently this had very small instruments on it for the doctor to use.
They did spray my throat with a little local aneasthestic.
I believe they then 'open' the sleeve up.
It was pretty painless & only took about 10 minutes. Had a sore throat for a day or two but no real pain.
You will be fine, the thought of it was more frightening than the actual procedure.

So glad you are doing we now :) well done for getting through and good luck for the future xxx

You've had it rough girl take it easy now and very slowly, thankfully my allergies are less trivial and can be avoided. Pleased you ok now and on the mend xx

Thx a million everyone. Starting to eat & drink slowly. Had to go back to start of stage 1 boo hoo.
Just feel very weak but clothes falling off me so cheered myself up by buying a couple of things in smaller sizes to get me through the next few months.
Is it just me but I can't bear wearing baggy clothes now. Had to dig out a fitted dress today & was pleased that my usual lumps & bumps seem to have gone. Still have a long way to go but feel so much achieved already.

Glad ur on the mend hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Gosh; we don't hear about complications of the sleeve that often. I'm glad you are over it and losing nicely now.

Hi Bellydancer,

So glad they managed to sort out your stricture and allergies. Onwards and downward from now on !!!

Best wishes,
Sleevie Shaz! :)

hi hun can i ask how did u know u had a allgey to the lanzop coz i have stopped taking mine everytime i had them they gave me a pain and by belly didnt feel right all day since ive stopped taking them i feel fine ive call my team but no one has got back to me !!!!

I have already a number of allergies & under London Chest hospital. Have to carry an Epipen at all times.
After taking tablets I came out in a facial rash that was very itchy. After a couple of days it got worse & I started to get an itchy throat & my tongue was a bit swollen. These are my classic allergy signs & also noted as side effects of the tablets on the info leaflet. Stopped taking & took Pirito & it got better. GP put me on omneprazole but insisted I had my Piriton & Epipen next to me when I took them. The reaction was almost instantaneous so stopped immediately. I have since heard that many people do not get on with Lanprazole. Hope this helps. I'm now on Rinitidine 2 x a day & surcrafate 4 x a day. Not ideal but working.

Goopd sounds like your sorted for now. Thankfully my allergies are to animal fur and hayfever, some fabrics make me ill, itchy throat first and chin, then my throat closes up quickly antihistamines every day for years now and just in last 5 yesars have become allergic to aspirin its makes me vomit and stomach cramps. Pleased mine are what they are least most can be avoided. xx

Back