• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Went back into the homerton for three days

petshell

:sigh:
After being sick and having pain when I drank, had tablets or ate I went back a stage or two and after two weeks of having problems I phoned the Bariatric Team on Tuesday morning.

Well they suggested it may be a stricture so to go to their A and E in London.
2 hours later I get there and was admitted with dehydration. A barium meal was planned.
NHS being NHS i didnt get the Barium Swallow until THURSDAY!
So NIL by Mouth for almost three days and i get a Barium meal YUK.

Anyhow, I also managed to find out that Mr Koak didnt do my operation Mr Angelini did (scary that i wasnt told change of surgeon).
I saw the Dietician and showed her my eating bowl in case i was eating too much, ABSOLUTELY NOT! My bowl is sensible and certainly no chance of over eating with it. I have to go back to stage 1 and 2 with the occasional mouthful of stage 3 and 4. If I am OK with them, I can then start to build it up again. My tablets and capsules have gone back to being in liquid form and my Lansoprazole has been increased.

Well the outcome of Barium swallow is that I have a narrowing near the join of stomach and small intestine. Dr said this may in fact be caused by inflammation but whatever the cause it is not severe enuff to operate on. GOOD NEWS.
It should stretch over the next few weeks but they are going to monitor it.

So I am releived, and am happily sipping on yoghurts and soups again.

So my message to anyone out there having problems is PHONE THE BARIATRIC TEAM!! I should have done it earlier, after all I should know better being a nurse x

Shells
x

Sorry to hear about your problems - it must be a relief to know that it isn't too serious and should right itself. It just goes to show that we mustn't ever get complacent... Take care, x

Shells, we nurses are the WORST patients ever. :8855: We think we know best and don't believe anything we're told unless you can produce the research. I've yet to meet a nurse yet who follows the rules. Glad to see it's a solveable problem though.

Hi Shell,

I'm also having problems - i phoned the bariatric team and they think food is taking too long to digest ( this was a couple of weeks ago )

Anyway i just spent the week in Cornwall having great difficulty in finding anything to eat. Tried a quarter of a small crustless cheese and onion quiche which caused me a lot of pain and i ended up vomitting :( I seem to be ok with crackers, potato ( mashed ) any liquid or thin yoghurts/humous or cheese spread. Anything dense in texture tortures me for hours after.

Hope your problems ease in the next couple of weeks. I'm seeing the surgeon for my 8 week appt on Tuesday so will hopefully get some answers then.

Shells
I too ended up back in Homerton but only a couple of days after the op. mine was down to the amount of meds I was on in liquid form, there was no room left for any food or drink. I am getting used to the "knowing when I am full" feeling but it has been hard. there is still that tendancy to think one more mouthfull wont hurt but often ends up in me being sick. I will learn one day
Glad your ok now and good luck with it all

Back