• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back.............................................

Hi peeps, sorry ive been away a while but my computer has been down and so have I. Just had my 2nd fill last week, had to wait 2 months for it and i found it hard waiting for so long. Saw my own dietician (not the one at the hospital, who is lovely) on Tuesday and i said i was finding it hard at night not to graze and she says "well just dont", if it was that easy i wouldn't be in this position now. Dont like her. Anyway, i was wondering what you all have for breakfast as i just stick to wheatabix but if you have any suggestions that would be great. Hope you are all well. Big hugs Hx

Yogurt, fruit, egg....cereals are quite carby, if that can be a word! But I do love them!! also my favourite is 1 crumpet with agave on! Naughty but nice but very filling!
I'm a troublesome evening person so get busy. Fitness class, walk, jog, bike whatever but get out the house and use that hotspot time to some good! I use to make excuses, 12hr days, 200 miles of driving in a day, work stress and so on but they were just excuses and you feel much better having spent that time wisely versus the guilt after picking all night! it's key to not let that hotspot hour (or two) become a habit...hard I know but not impossible! Good luck!

Thx hun x

Hi there, gee your dietician sounds like a peach! I am still on post op 2 week liquids but am really looking forward to having a breakfast I don't have to drink :)

Best I can describe is a very sweet artificially sweetened honey type of stuff, found where sugar and sweetners are (not jams/honey) x

I tend to have yogurt, fruit and a couple of spoons of muesli or granola. Or, when I was at your stage, the most filling thing was a couple of crispbreads with either a hard boiled egg sliced and lots of pepper, or 10g of low fast soft cheese mixed with 10g of peanut butter...all the taste but less fattening. My diet generally isn't very high carb, but my dietician told me off for not eating carbs at the beginning of this journey ... She said I had to have them as they were part of a balanced diet. Breakfast was and probably still is my lowest protein meal ... But I try to have min 60g to 80g protein a day and plan my meals around my protein. Whatever sugars, carbs, fat I have/had, I try not to worry about. I just focussed on decent protein levels, and band friendly food and was losing best on c 1100 calories a day. But as we all say, we are very different. I would suggest, if you dont do it already, to keep a food/mood diary because it really helps to reflect to see what does/doesn't work best for you.

Welcome back, and wishing you lots of luck :)

Back