• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back!

Hello guys,

I have not been on for a while basically because I have not been doing very well. I lost 2 and a half stones when I was first banded in may bugs then have lost half a stone since! I just can't seem to get to grips with it all and it is a heck of a lot harder than I thought. I just thought it would be easy, you just ate less and hardly ever felt hungry. I hardly seem to have restriction even thought I have 6.5 in a 10ml band but do get certain things stuck if I don't chew properly ie meet so I know there is something there. I know it's my own doing as I am eating slider foods and too much rubbish like chocolate and crisps which go down very well.

I'm back on it from next week, phoning for a slight fill and joining SW with my friend (who isn't banded). I thought that would be the end of my diet club days but I think I need a weekly weigh in to keep me in the straight and narrow. I'm not after sympathy as its all my own doing and you would think after spending £6k I would be a bit more strict with myself but thought I would let the newbies know that's it not all plain sailing by any means. One of the reasons I am overweight is because I couldnt stick to a diet but the band isn't a magic wand, you do still have to diet but it helps a little. If I could have my money back and the band out I would as it's not what a thought at all - the thumb nail size bites, chew chew chew etc means you really have to think about every mouthful.

Just about to book a Florida holiday for feb 2013 so really need to get my head in the right place and knuckle down!!!

thankyou for your honesty!!!!

i hope that you can get your head together, why not stick around here and see if we can support you? xx

Hun well done for coming back and telling you story, stay around and take all the support you can get. I hope then you can get back on track... which im sure you will... good luck hun and nice to meet you xx

Nice to meet you and thank you for the honesty. I am a fairly new bander (13 Oct) and do not have restriction yet 5ml in a 10ml band. But my dietitian did say you don't have proper restriction until 7, 7.5ml in a 10 ml band... maybe you can join the banders Saturday weight in and log your food intake on here? Might give you ideas... it is a shame that the successful maintainers aren't posting as much nowadays (apart from you bluediamond). Good luck and keep posting, we are all here to support each other. This site is the only place I can speak about my journey so it is Sooooo valuable to me :)

Good time to start afresh Chopster. Just come on here when you feel week and someone will always chivvy you along. Good luck hun xx

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel Chopster as I have encountered the same problems and although I know I can't blame anyone but myself for not losing more weight more quickly I thought the band would do more than it actually does! It's nearly a year since I had my band and I've lost nearly 4 stone since then. I know that if I hadn't had the band I'd probably be 5 stone heavier than I am now but when I see other banders having lost more than me I do get upset and that's probably why I've stayed away from here for a while.
I go on holiday to Egypt on 2nd Feb (a month today) so I'm trying to shed a few pounds before then so I can comfortably fit in the new clothes I've bought and then when I get back I'm going to go for another fill and really knuckle down between then and the summer. Keep posting Chopster and perhaps we can support and motivate each other?

Hey, I had my band in February 2011 and I've lost 3 stone. I really struggle with my band and I still eat the wrong foods. If you want to support each other then send me a message and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks

Welcome back Chopster. The maintainers will come back when they are ready. I am sure they will be back. You will get great support on here. This is about your journey so do it at your pace. Everyone's journey is different and do not make the fatal mistake of comparing yourself to others. Just concentrate on you.

Any wls is a tool. You only have to look at the posts from others who have had different types of surgery that it is a struggle. There are very few for whom the weight drops off and stays off easily. It is a life long battle - but you hold the key. It is not about dieting - it is about deciding you want to make some lifestyle changes to deal with your approach to food. It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of commitment and a lot of deep down soul searching - you need to go to places in yourself you don't want to go. It is the only way to understand and move on in a positive way.

Best wishes

tranquil x

welcome back Chopster :) Its good to see you ... and if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime let me know - we all need support in one form or another as its not an easy option this wls. Good luck xxxx

Thanks for the support everyone. I posted because most of the threads we read are people reaching their goals, fab photos etc so I thought I would put a different spin on things so people considering having a band (especially paying for it themselves) realise its not as easy as it seems. I was told at my consultations about how it all works and how difficult it would be etc but I kind of zoned out and was so determined to have it done that I just kind of thought 'yeah yeah'. Talk about learn the hard way! I am either having slider foods or getting things stuck. I am hoping joining SW will just get me concentrating a bit more and it will be a bit of an incentive with my friend joining. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again everyone.

Sharon xx

We need to hear the 'not so good' in addition to the 'good'. Hopefully us pre-oppers will absorb all of the information and be better equipped to use our 'tool' effectively. x

I am guilty of being a maintainer and not posting enough, promise to come on more often in the New Year for the newbies as I remeber almost 3 years ago when I was newly banded, I really appreciated the advice and support.

Thank you so much wild thing. This is exactly what we need

Chopster, hope joining sw has got you back on the road to weight loss again. good luck :)

Welcome back, Wishing u all the success with your band , keep posting and let us know how u do now your back on track, its very easy to slip into the old routine, least you known your doing it and your also doing something about it . Best wishes. MeJulie xx

Back