• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm on the Band wagon, 3rd day of pre op diet, help!!!

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
Hi my Darlings!

I'm on the third day of the pre op diet:

Daily allowance:

4 cans of diet soup
4 mullerlite yoghurts
Diet soft drinks
1 pint of semi-skimmed milk
Water/ Flavoured water
1 sugar free jelly

Im finding it hard, although I've lost 5 lb in 2 days! I could stab someone I'm so stressed, it's like I havent had a fag for 2 weeks!!!

Tell me I can do it, tell me all your benefits of the diet to help me through!!!

I know you can all make me feel better!xx

Gina you can do this :hug99: Days 3 and 4 are the hardest, it will get easier I promise you!

Stay focused on the end result, any time your tempted think of being refused surgery cos your livers not shrunk!

Try and keep busy, organise some cinema trips with the girls or go and get your nails done.

Gini, listen to me when I tell you this.......SKINNY JEANS.....SKINNY JEAN.......SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!! Its only for a few more days hun then you are on your way to your SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!

I know its hard but think of all the toxins your body is getting rid of at the minute, thats why you are feeling like poo, its one great big detox. Now remember why you are doing it, you want to look great and feel wonderful, you would kick yourself if you gave in now!!! If you want to shout at someone, shout at me I wont take it personally, its your fat demons thats trying to stop you one last time from loosing the weight, tell them to bugger off!!

Gini, listen to me when I tell you this.......SKINNY JEANS.....SKINNY JEAN.......SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!! Its only for a few more days hun then you are on your way to your SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!

I know its hard but think of all the toxins your body is getting rid of at the minute, thats why you are feeling like poo, its one great big detox. Now remember why you are doing it, you want to look great and feel wonderful, you would kick yourself if you gave in now!!! If you want to shout at someone, shout at me I wont take it personally, its your fat demons thats trying to stop you one last time from loosing the weight, tell them to bugger off!!

Skinny Jeans, Skinny Jeans!
Woo hoo

I'm not gonna cheat, Im too scared of the liver not shrinking and not being able to have the op done to cheat! Day one was the toughest for me, I was going to a concert to see James Blunt at the O2 and my brother and his girlfriend came over who were coming with me, they came in the afternoon and hadnt eaten, so my maternal instincts kicked in and I cooked them dinner! Chinese pork chop, chips and peas! I must be mad, then at the O2 everyone had hot dogs, chips, chinese etc, all I could smell was food, I was so close to breaking!! But I got through it!

I went to my cousins last night and she was eating steak and chips, if I can cook and watch people eat some of my favourite foods and survive then I can do this for another 11 days!!!

I'm seeing the nutritionist at the hospital tomorrow, anyone know what shes gonna say roughly?

just think babe it could be worse you could have had the milk only diet lol bloody well done on not smoking i couldnt have stopped but the pre op dont last long and you will feel so much better for it especially once done you will have had a good start on losing weight

just think babe it could be worse you could have had the milk only diet lol bloody well done on not smoking i couldnt have stopped but the pre op dont last long and you will feel so much better for it especially once done you will have had a good start on losing weight

Thanks Doll,

You miss read that though, I havent stopped smoking, I said I feel as stressed as if I hadn't had a fag for 2 weeks. God I couldnt have given up smoking at the same time as this, I'd be in prison by now! LOL

Hi Hun,

You will get through it and just think its not forever!!!
Think about how disappointed you would be if they tell you that you cant have the operation and that you've failed yourself again?
Harsh words I know, but it worked for me and I had a band in March.

Keep thinking...skinny jeans, skinny jeans and you wont be calling yourself Cowgirl from now on....time to think of another name!!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

hi everyone,
i am completely new to this all.
i get my gastric band done on monday20th, dolan park
i am on day 4 of my milk diet.
what sort of diet have you been given?
i agree its hell. i just returned in from getting shopping at tescos. oh my goodness i wanted to buy and eat everything.
instead i had a yougurt for lunch!
cheryl

Hi Hun,

You will get through it and just think its not forever!!!
Think about how disappointed you would be if they tell you that you cant have the operation and that you've failed yourself again?
Harsh words I know, but it worked for me and I had a band in March.

Keep thinking...skinny jeans, skinny jeans and you wont be calling yourself Cowgirl from now on....time to think of another name!!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Hi Mrs V!

Cowgirls my nickname cos my surname is Cowley! It's not a self-image name!

Anyway, I'll look like a real cowgirl in those skinny jeans and knee high boots, yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaa!!!!

Lol...ooops Im bad!!! Lol!!!!

I'll just get my coat!

xx

can anyone tell me of their experiences with dolan park? please..
i am excited, but mad with myself that i cant control my own weight.
i have only told my mum,dad,husband,ans sister in law. i am keeping it a secret. everyone thinks its the easy way out.

think i may have not got hang of this site yet. i thought it was like a chat room. sorry about that if i just butted in to your thread cowgirl..

i have just looked at your pictures. you looked fab. just think how great u will be when u have this done.. it will all be worth it.
i wish i could get in contact with someone who has already had it.
when do you get yours done? and where?

i have just looked at your pictures. you looked fab. just think how great u will be when u have this done.. it will all be worth it.
i wish i could get in contact with someone who has already had it.
when do you get yours done? and where?

Hi Cheryl

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Welcome to Mini's, there is so much support on here from people who are pre and post op so you'll get all the help you need!

I'm having mine done at the Spire Roding hospital in Redbridge Essex! I cant wait now, this pre op diet sucks!

Whats your story then Cheryl? Why have you decided to have this done? You sound a bit ashamed, well let me tell you that youre very brave doing this. Its no quick or easy fix and I have told everyone I know that Im having it done and everyone has been very supportive. Dont worry what others say anyway, youre doing it for you and thats that!xxxx

hi hun
stick with it you will be fine!
its hard but hey this journey is hun..
just think this time next year you will look at food in a dif way alltogether and me lovely and skinny
emmaxx

hi hun
stick with it you will be fine!
its hard but hey this journey is hun..
just think this time next year you will look at food in a dif way alltogether and me lovely and skinny
emmaxx

Hi Honey

Hope you're ok, thanks for your message!
Hows it been going?

Did you get everything sorted out at the hospital?

Hey Gina, time is flying hey, have been on pre op diet now since monday, am soooo bored with it, and getting nervous now, how are you feeling?
Counting down the days.

gina just wait till yr saying never mind my pretty face look at my fantastic body to go with it!!!
Keep strong im going to need you soon.
HC

Back