• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 pre op diet

karenlouisemee

Well today was my first day on the pre op diet. not to bad so far feeling little twinges of hunger but nothing that bad i cant ignore.

my food today consisted of :
BREAKFAST
1 virtually fat free yoghurt

SNACK
1 banana

LUNCH
1 slice of weight watchers bread
100g of tuna
100g carrot sticks

TEA
1 poached egg
1 grapefruit

1/2 pint of skimmed milk made in to a coffee
2 litres of water.

this doesnt seem much but is way more than some people get on there pre op diet.;)

Hi Karen, looks like you have got it all under control. I did start it a bit before I was supposed to and am quite settled although I do feel hungry sometimes, I can handle it now.

Won't be long now, it will fly by ... keep in touch xx

Good luck Karen and Bea Bea, i found the pre op hard however knowing what's coming after it makes it so worthwhile... Come on you losers xxx

Hey hunny!

Your doing awesome! Keep it up, 'it will be worth it in the long run'!

Im just a little jealous your chewing! ha ha.. (Im Day11 - milk diet)

But good luck hunny!

Marie x

good luck, your doing fab sweets xx

Sounds like you are doing great, and when the temptation pops its head up to get you Off track, just keep the picture of a slimmer healthier you in mind, cos that is your future...... and you need your liver to be healthy for surgery so kick that temptations ass.... cos this is a real means to an end.............. YOU CAN DO IT!!

:)Good luck with the pre-op Karen:)

Hi karen,

Well done your doing great!

I like your pre op diet compared to most! what is this diet called, did you ask to do it or did they give you it because of a particular reason.

I really dont think i will like most diets as i dont drink tea, coffee, milk or plain water and i'm worried i wont drink much (i drink no added squash at the min).

Last edited:
Day 2 of the pre op diet and i have been fine. tested myself a little bit by having the in laws for dinner i made lasagne with garlic bread and salad with a pofitarole gateux for pudding.

this is what i have eaten today

Breakfast
1 banana

Lunch
1 poached egg
3 cherry tomatoes

Dinner
100g of potatoes
150g of cod without skin
small cereal bowl of salad

Snack
1 banana
1 low fat yoghurt

1/2 pint skimmed milk made in to coffee
2 litres water.

and im still feeling ok and so looking forward to the op in 2 weeks.

Back