• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm starving!!!

Macy moo moo

Hi everyone
Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can stop myself from feeling so hungry? I'm 11 days post band insertion and still on my fluids only phase until Tuesday. I'm sick of soup and slim fast. Any ideas for a change or something more satisfying that is still fluid???

Thanks all xXx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I bought some small tins of Heinz soup- tomato went down fine. Then I got sick of that and bought some oxtail- I'd never had it before and I seived out the lumps and it was fabulous to have something savoury and then I did the same with the mushroom soup. Pure heaven. I added extra milk into them too.

Last edited:
MrsPill said:
I bought some small tins of Heinz soup- tomato went down fine. Then I got sick of that and bought some oxtail- I'd never had it before and I seived out the lumps and it was fabulous to have something savoury and then I did the same with the mushroom soup. Pure heaven. I added extra milk into them too.

Thank you. I don't eat red meat but will definitely have a go with the mushroom :)

I did various broths but liquidised them, cup a soups are greatoo, once they've been liquidised. Only a couple more days & you can go onto 'slops'! Woohoo! Don't forget to keep drinking lots of water or sf cordial.
xxxx sharon

voodoo said:
I did various broths but liquidised them, cup a soups are greatoo, once they've been liquidised. Only a couple more days & you can go onto 'slops'! Woohoo! Don't forget to keep drinking lots of water or sf cordial.
xxxx sharon

Thanks Voodoo

I've had some mush today. Feeling a little better now. I had 2 table spoons of mash potato with loads of parsley sauce. Yum-yum!!

If you are still on the soft stuff, i would also recommend Sainsburys be good to yourself ginger and parsnip soup, it's lovely!
Hows it going now? x

Hi miss hungry

On my 2nd week of mushy now. Been living on potato, mushy peas and fish in sauce quorn mince in gravy. Not had much soup this week....... cos I dont have to! Got sick of it after 2 weeks pre and 2 weeks post op. I've lost about 20 pounds so far. I'm looking forward to trying some 'normal' food next week then the week after I'm booked in for my 1st fill. I'm having problems telling when I'm full so I'm trying hard not to put too much on my plate.
How are you??
I love this forum thing xx

Back